PDA

View Full Version : Raised panel hardware

Jesse Busenitz
04-08-2015, 6:09 PM
I'm looking for hardware to mount a faux raised panel or like what's a slab door on a vanity in front of the sink... Basically I want to mount a 3/4" panel on top of my face frame but these are going to be larger panels like 2'x1.5' so it's going to need some give for movement. These are going on the headboard of a bed. I'm envisioning a piece of angle iron with a slotted hole on one side and a single hole on the other end. I can't seem to find anything. Is there something like this out there?

George Bokros
04-08-2015, 6:19 PM
Must be me but your post is confusing. Do you have a pic / sketch of what you are wanting to do?

Jesse Busenitz
04-08-2015, 6:48 PM
Basically I'm putting a non functioning door on a face frame. And something this big is going to move so I can't just pin/glue it on

Steve Jenkins
04-08-2015, 6:55 PM
If it is like a raised panel door the panel should be floating in the rails and stiles so you can fasten it through the rails or stiles with pintails or screws

Jesse Busenitz
04-08-2015, 7:00 PM
Yeah, I stated it wrong... not a razed panel Just a door. I'm thinking that something that big is going to expand or contract according to MC.... Or am I over analyzing this?

Jeff Duncan
04-08-2015, 8:55 PM
Figure 8's are what you want. A good hardware store should have them. Made for attaching table tops to the aprons they're basically a piece of steel in the shape of an 8 with the chamfers for flat head screws on opposite sides.

good luck,
JeffD

Jesse Busenitz
04-08-2015, 9:02 PM
Figure 8's are what you want. A good hardware store should have them. Made for attaching table tops to the aprons they're basically a piece of steel in the shape of an 8 with the chamfers for flat head screws on opposite sides.

good luck,
JeffD

That's a good idea.... I normally use a S type coupler on table tops but it should work for this application as well.