PDA

View Full Version : Message to owners: Parts for the dreaded Delta 28-560 16" bandsaw

Barney Farley
04-06-2015, 1:28 PM
I bought this 28-560 for $50.00, assuming there was some quality there, worthy of an investment. After ordering and receiving $112.00 worth of parts from the local dealer, and having some questions about how to proceed, I was informed by him about the machine’s inherent defects. He basically told me it was a poor design, an Edsel, if you know what I mean, and also that he couldn’t make blades for it although he has made a number of blades for the other two bandsaws. I should have returned the parts for a refund and scrapped the machine, but I didn’t do it. Shame on me.

So, I have the 28-560, it is basically all there – all the wheels, good motor, good table, good front cover, good upper guide, original switch, etc. New parts are: 2 orange colored tires, one wood cutting drive belt, a thrust bearing, and a guide bracket which is not the right one !!!

Bob Vavricka
04-06-2015, 4:11 PM
Years ago a friend let me borrow one as long as I wanted it. He said he couldn't keep the blade on the wheels. I thought I can "fix that", but it whipped me. I spent many hours and several days trying to "tune it up"/ modify it. Never was successful and finally took it back to him. Any blade outfit should be able to make you a blade the right length. I would limit it to narrow blades since they make a tight radius on the wheels. I decided the one I was working on wouldn't even make a good boat anchor.

Curt Harms
04-07-2015, 8:38 AM
SuperCut makes blades for 3 wheel band saws. They're thinner than typical so as to not fatigue on the small diameter wheels. I'm not sure how helpful they would be but it might be worth a shot. There may be other vendors as well, dunno.

http://www.supercutbandsaw.com/threewheeler.html