PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
04-05-2015, 10:37 PM
5 April 2015

Good Morning/Evening Everyone,
It's been a busy week at the day job but not too bad. Spent some needed time with the family this week and I'm finally finishing up the 2 classes that I'm teaching my youngest son for his final 2 classes of his senior high school year. His last official class will be this coming week and then he'll be done with school. Grades and transcript is all going together well and will be submitted to the academy school board for review and then on to making preparations for his high school graduation!! The last child in my brood finally gets to graduate. :)

My buddy and I (Chuck) spent significant time on Saturday working on the guitar bodies and fitting the necks. All is going well so far and here's a pic to show where we stand on this project:
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g69/sawdustar/Guitar%20Build/20150404_184554_zpsuytjlsly.jpg (http://s53.photobucket.com/user/sawdustar/media/Guitar%20Build/20150404_184554_zpsuytjlsly.jpg.html)

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past Easter Holiday weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

William A Johnston
04-05-2015, 11:01 PM
That is a beautiful guitar. I bet it will sound awesome with all the TLC you have put into it.

I did lawn work yesterday no shop work this weekend. I'm paying for it today hacking and coughing. I guess I should have waited till the rain washed some of the pollen away.

Welcome to spring in Arkansas

Jeffrey Martel
04-05-2015, 11:37 PM
Drove up to the Grizzly warehouse on Friday to pick up a new tablesaw. Finally got rid of the old Craftsman contractor saw. Given my budget, space, and power availability, a Hybrid saw was basically my only option. Finally finished up assembling it today after going skiing yesterday.

Jesse Busenitz
04-06-2015, 7:53 AM
Nice guitar Dennis, and way to score the saw Jeff. I finished up running the last of my flooring project. Had about 350 sq feet total so not a huge project. It was fun though, as it was all new to me. Got to use my power feed again... starting to wonder how I got along without it.

Dave Haughs
04-06-2015, 9:05 AM
Nice guitar!

Nice saw!

Jim Becker
04-06-2015, 10:20 AM
Your guitar project is really coming along, Dennis! Bravo!

No real woodworking this weekend, unless you consider putting a few nails in a birdhouse to effect a repair counts. :) Rather, it was more about additional spring cleanup on the property, replacing the rear lamps on my utility trailer with LED units (one of the original lamps just was toast), getting both trailers to their summer parking spaces, pond cleanup...and actually getting a ride on my horse Nellie for the first time in two months. This winter's cold weather really hurt me physically and that kept me from riding. I also spent some time with a new camera lens taking photos of the advanced kids' lesson.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/a-j-adopt/7f9d50ce-825a-4427-9057-84b35a6fdde9_zpseowfuz9j.jpg

David B Thornton
04-06-2015, 2:12 PM
My mom's birthday was Sunday and I started/finished her gift, a votive candleholder made out of Walnut and Maple, finished with 4 coats of clear semi-gloss poly. Turned out pretty well, she loved it, so it was perfect.

John Sanford
04-06-2015, 3:37 PM
Got the endcap and front lamination glued onto the front slab of my Split Top Roubo. Did some flattening of the slab (the dog strip and front laminations were proud), started work on finishing up the assembly of a new machine. Sadly, the hardware that came with my aftermarket accessories was SAE, and I needed some metric. One cannot find a decent hardware source after 6pm in Utah Valley on Easter Sunday...

Shawn Pixley
04-06-2015, 9:17 PM
Dennis, nice work on the guitar!

Satirday was my one weekend day so I packed as much into it as I could. Dog walking, then I lead a contentious community meeting between our community, the devloper, and city planning on a proposed development adjacent to our neighborhood. Ate the leftovers in the fridge for lunch. Afterwards I did laundry, organized my scrap in the shop / garage, and cleaned my general (non-woodworking) bench. After that I cleaned rust off the junk 1970's Disston that LOML picked up for free. Then I helped my son do his taxes before supper. Then packed for travel into the cold again.

Sunday was the start of another 6 workday week (6 out of the last 7 weeks). I got up at 4 AM to head to Boston again. Got a lot of work done on the plane. Another 12 hour day today (Monday). This must end.