PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly / UPS delivery question

Scott Cenicola
04-05-2015, 5:49 PM
Quick question. When UPS with liftgate service delivers to a residence, do they have a pallet jack on the truck? I will need to move the saw around 20 feet, and will have to rent one if they don't. Thanks

David T gray
04-05-2015, 5:57 PM
yes how else would they get it off the truck and they will also deliver it close to where ever u want it

Randy Red Bemont
04-05-2015, 7:49 PM
Yes they do have a pallet jack and MOST drivers are nice and will get it as close to where it goes as they can. Never had an issue with their deliveries except for snow! With my May delivery for the 0766 lathe, I hope that's not an issue!!

Red

Cary Falk
04-05-2015, 7:49 PM
Liftgate technically means they only have to get it out of the back of the truck to the curb. Everybody that has delivered to me has wheeled it into my garage. YMMV.

Scott Cenicola
04-05-2015, 7:53 PM
Sounds good, thanks. Hopefully I get a helpful driver. Gratuities never hurt, either.

Rob Holcomb
04-05-2015, 7:59 PM
Scott, I just had a Band Saw delivered by UPS Freight last Thursday evening. The driver had both a pallet jack and a 2 wheel dolly available. I paid for lift gate service and without even being asked, he rolled my Band Saw 100 feet down my driveway and into my garage. When I tried to tip him, he wouldn't take any money. He was quite late in the evening making the delivery (supposed to be delivered before 5pm) and that might be why he refused the tip but I have to take my hat off to him. Very nice guy and my Band Saw arrived without any damage to the packaging or the saw.

glenn bradley
04-05-2015, 8:31 PM
Liftgate technically means they only have to get it out of the back of the truck to the curb. Everybody that has delivered to me has wheeled it into my garage. YMMV.

This is true. But, like others, the delivery guy has always brought the machine right into the shop for me . . . and refused a tip for doing so.