PDA

View Full Version : Another senior moment

Rick Potter
04-04-2015, 2:19 PM
Got myself up this morning, showered, shaved, dressed in my nice clothes, and went to my 19 YO granddaughters room to see if she was ready to go. Found a big lump under the covers, woke her up and told her to hurry, or we will be late. "Huh?" "What for?"

"Easter services" sez I, "lets go".

"Grandpa, it's Saturday."

So, here I am, as pretty as I can get, with no place to go, so let me be the first to say..."Happy Easter, He lives".

Kent A Bathurst
04-04-2015, 2:30 PM
Hey - you are in the sweet spot, Rick.

You can go outside and hide the Easter eggs.

And then, go hunt for them tomorrow with everyone else!! :p :p

Tom Welch
04-04-2015, 3:18 PM
Kent, that was a good one. I think I can relate.

Kent A Bathurst
04-04-2015, 4:15 PM
Kent, that was a good one. I think I can relate.

That club has a long list of members, Tom............but I can't recall who they are.

Rick Potter
04-04-2015, 4:53 PM
We used to do that Kent, big time, but the grandkids now range from 12 to 26, and they seem to have lost interest for some reason. :confused:

Steve Peterson
04-04-2015, 6:49 PM
Now you have me all confused and I am only in my 50s. All the family is over right now for Easter dinner. We just finished collecting eggs in the yard. And now you tell me that today is not Easter.

Steve

Larry Edgerton
04-04-2015, 7:11 PM
My wife's birthday is 2/3, but one year I woke up on 3/2 in a panic because I had forgotten my wife's birthday. I got up and made a card, made breakfast in bed for her and when I woke her up with all the fix'ins she had the most confused look.

And then she started laughing.

So...... I am one year ahead just in case I ever do really forget one. To be fair to myself I wa quitting smoking at the time and was somewhat in a daze anyway, She still chuckles about that, "2/3, 3/2, whats the difference." she'll say.....

Bert Kemp
04-06-2015, 3:55 PM
I'm a member;)

That club has a long list of members, Tom............but I can't recall who they are.

Bert Kemp
04-06-2015, 3:58 PM
the difference is about a month and what I want to know is did you remember it was her day on her day a month before ?LOL

My wife's birthday is 2/3, but one year I woke up on 3/2 in a panic because I had forgotten my wife's birthday. I got up and made a card, made breakfast in bed for her and when I woke her up with all the fix'ins she had the most confused look.

And then she started laughing.

So...... I am one year ahead just in case I ever do really forget one. To be fair to myself I wa quitting smoking at the time and was somewhat in a daze anyway, She still chuckles about that, "2/3, 3/2, whats the difference." she'll say.....

David Ragan
04-11-2015, 5:34 PM
It's visuospatial disorientation that is a key sign of senility.
getting lost in your house or neighborhood
Hear ye, hear ye......get a Waterpick and floss every day...all that debris in that little pocket between the tooth and gum(the dentist checks the depth,right?)
all that crud, over decades causes real problems. Systemic inflammation-and systemic inflammation is at the bottom of (1) Cardiovascular Dz (2) cancer and......(drum roll)....(3) neurodegenerative disorders
the light bulb went off w me about a year ago-first couple times I used it-after brush/floss-tasted like I had *an abscess* in my mouth-I was shocked. Unbelievable. It's sloppy- but I do NOT want to go downhill slowly.

Dave Richards
04-11-2015, 5:46 PM
Interesting, David.

I might do that.