PDA

View Full Version : 1st garage sale of the season

steven c newman
04-02-2015, 11:38 PM
And rather poor pickings. Just a rusty & crusty $3 handsaw ( my son spent $110 on other items) that might be the infamous Imp by Disston.
The "Befores" one is a little blurry..
Handle was solid, if a little blocky. One bolt may have been a replacement. WS medallion with the Keystone. Has a skew back blade.
A bit of elbow grease, a an hour or two.
Brass all cleaned up. Eased those sharp edges on the handle a bit, cleaned off the old finish, and added a coat of BLO.
Blade does have some pitting, not too bad for a barn find. Plate is straight as an arrow, and still decently sharp. Didn't find any etch. It is a 26" 8ppi crosscut. With a skew back. I took the handle off to work on it, found all the holes matched the plate. Handle is an open top. 310622
Test drive showed it can cut straight, and fast. No binding in the cut, handle feels even better now.

Son picked up a $50 4gal Pancake compressor by Bostitch ( oil-less) maybe 50' of air hose, and a Craftsman 1/2" Impact driver. Reverse, plus three speeds forward. $110 for his stuff. $3 for mine.....Just the first sale of the season..

Reinis Kanders
04-03-2015, 1:14 AM
I like how you deal with your rust finds without delay.