PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly table saw arrived, installed, and I couldn't be happier

Scott Brandstetter
04-02-2015, 10:45 PM
As some may recall, I had a previous thread that I ordered a table saw, jointer, and lathe for the wood shop. They are upgrades from my Ridgid table saw, 6 inch jointer, and 14/42 lathe.

Table saw arrived today, lift service worth every penny. Driver loaded the pallet onto my trailer attached to my lawn tractor and easily moved to my walk out wood shop. Packaging was perfect, all parts accounted for, very impressed. I spent approximately 3 hours putting it together (wife did come down and help me install the rails). I don't know exactly what to say other than I simply can't imagine what anyone would want in a table saw than what I got today (safety of Sawstop excluded). The machine looks good, the tables were 100% flat and aligned, the extension was perfect, very impressed with the fence, and holy cow....I simply didn't realize what 3 horses can do to wood.

I want to thank those of you who responded to my many questions prior to purchase. If you are like me and on the fence as to whether Grizzly is worth the "savings", my answer is......heck yes. I realize that it's my first day but based on the prior reviews, I am confident that I have made it over the biggest hump, getting a machine that is level, square, and all parts included. I can't wait to get my jointer and lathe

mike mcilroy
04-02-2015, 11:12 PM
Good stuff. Enjoy.
I'm always a little jealous wishing that Grizzly had delivered to Canada when I bought some of my other tools.

Chuck Hart
04-03-2015, 12:22 AM
Scott,
I am gad the lift to your trailer worked. When you get a chance take some pictures of the layout and share

Chuck

scott spencer
04-03-2015, 8:26 AM
Thanks for the followup Scott.....good to hear you like it. Enjoy!

Jim Andrew
04-03-2015, 9:15 AM
One thing I do when I receive a new Grizzly machine, is take a file and remove any sharp edges around the machined surfaces. Doesn't take much.

scott spencer
04-05-2015, 8:28 AM
Pics to follow, right?! ;)

glenn bradley
04-05-2015, 9:02 AM
Congrats! The step to a 3HP saw is a real smile generator. For the paltry fee I don't know why anyone would skip the lift. My shop is an attached garage so the drop off was a no brainer. One driver really impressed me; he pulled the jointer pallet out onto the lift lowered it a bit, backed it right into the shop and set it down. Quite a maneuver in the middle of suburbia ;-) What model did you decide on?

Frederick Skelly
04-05-2015, 9:22 AM
Well that's great news! I'm glad it's everything that you hoped it would be - I love those kinds of purchases! And thanks for the tip on using the lift service too.

Now go build your wife something nice. (And post pictures for the rest of us.)