PDA

View Full Version : Salt stained car carpets...

Chuck Wintle
04-02-2015, 5:08 PM
How does one start to remove the salt from the floor carpets of a car?

ken masoumi
04-02-2015, 6:54 PM
I would vacuum the carpet thoroughly then use Folex (http://www.amazon.com/Folex-Co-FSR32-Instant-Remover/dp/B000ILA3YY) ,spray on the spots,brush ,wipe,and you are done,it is a great product ,the best carpet stain remover I have ever used.
Noticed you live in Montreal,Canadian tire sells them as well as,Walmart,Lowe's.

George Bokros
04-02-2015, 7:24 PM
Got a product Called Salt Eraser at Autozone. Works excellent. don't know if you can get it in Canada

Grant Wilkinson
04-03-2015, 11:50 AM
I boil a kettle, add vinegar to the water, wet the carpet, let it sit for a couple of minutes, then scrub the salt off. I have used a salt eraser that I got at Canadian Tire, but the vinegar and water works as well and is cheaper.

Alana Pridham
04-08-2015, 1:05 AM
Vinegar is a natural cleaning agent. In a spray bottle, mix up a solution of 1/2 warm water and 1/2 white vineger in it and use this. There are carpet shampoos and salt cleaners are also available.

Chuck Wintle
04-08-2015, 6:40 AM
Vinegar is a natural cleaning agent. In a spray bottle, mix up a solution of 1/2 warm water and 1/2 white vineger in it and use this. There are carpet shampoos and salt cleaners are also available.

so i spray it on to the salt to dissolve it, how long does is it supposed to sit on the carpet and how much do I saturate the carpet?

Grant Wilkinson
04-08-2015, 9:07 AM
How much and how long is not an exact science. Your winter in Montreal has been like ours here in Ottawa, and even with good mats, I've got some heavy salt areas to clean. I tend to go with not too much soaking, but multiple applications. I spray the vinegar and water, wait a few minutes and brush off. If there is salt left, I repeat the process. When it's done and dry, I use a fabric guard to make things better for next year.