PDA

View Full Version : New to me, shop equipment

kevin jennings
04-02-2015, 9:47 AM
A guy was selling all of his shop equipment, to move to another state, so i picked up some great deals. &nbsp; Got a Delta Unisaw, with 52" unifence ($500). &nbsp;Delta 6" jointer ($100), and 10" planer ($100). &nbsp; plus all this wood($200). &nbsp; All the equipment was in great condition. &nbsp; the large stack of wood is heartwood pine 1x8"x8' (52 boards of it), the rack above that is mostly all oak. &nbsp;and the larger rack is lots of exotic woods, that the guy used to build jewelry boxes and stuff. &nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>Very happy with the find. &nbsp; Now just to find projects to build with it.

Greg Woloshyn
04-02-2015, 10:18 AM
Wow, very nice deal.

Matt Day
04-02-2015, 12:12 PM
Whoa! Great score, looks like for tht price you got some wood and a free unisaw/planer/jointer!

Keith Weber
04-02-2015, 12:27 PM
I think that there was a thread a short time ago about the mythical $500 unisaw. Well done! You will, of course, have some that will think that you're making it up. LOL! BTW, what is that machine on the right side of the last pic with all the buttons and pressure gauges on it?

kevin jennings
04-06-2015, 4:30 PM
That is a repurposed restaurant steamer. it has a vacuum pump that pulls down the pressure, and boils water at different temperatures in order to keep food warm and moist, at specified temperatures.

It now lives as a giant Stainless food dehydrator, that i make Beef/pork, etc. jerky out of. i can do about 15 lbs of jerky at a time. i setup an arduino micro controller with a solid state relay to drive a 450 watt cartridge heater. and 2 fans to circulate air. works like a charm.

got the steamer for free from my brother when his company took it out of a restaurant that closed down.

scott spencer
04-06-2015, 4:33 PM
Wow....that's a gloatworthy haul!