PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable Shelving Brackets for Cabinets?

Denis Kenzior
04-01-2015, 11:26 AM
I'm re-modeling a small closet, and would like to use a heavy-duty adjustable shelving system. Something like the RubberMaid Fast-Track or Knape & Vogt 82 series. I'll be building all the shelves, etc myself.

Now here's the question, I'd like to add some cabinet boxes towards the bottom with drawer slides. However, I can't seem to find any support brackets meant for hanging cabinet boxes, only shelves. Are there any suppliers of such beasts anywhere?

Here's an example of what I'm talking about:
http://www.storage-solutions.co.uk/shop/images/ItemImages/SpurCabinetBoardFixingKit.jpg

scott vroom
04-01-2015, 12:00 PM
Why not just set the cabinets on the floor and run the shelf brackets up from there? I don't get the advantage of hanging the cabinets on wall brackets.

Lee Schierer
04-01-2015, 8:33 PM
Why can't you put two of those clips on the back of a box and hang it wherever you want it?

William A Johnston
04-01-2015, 8:41 PM
Why not use the shelving brackets as they come and screw them to the side of your cabinet and if the protrude longer than you cabinet just cut them off to the correct length?

Denis Kenzior
04-01-2015, 11:47 PM
I re-modeled another closet with some big-box bought drawer boxes. I like how they look sitting above the floor. The flexibility of being able to easily re-arrange things in the future is also appealing.

Denis Kenzior
04-01-2015, 11:48 PM
Clips in the original post are from a supplier in the UK. Can't seem to find these or anything else like it in the US.

Jamie Buxton
04-02-2015, 12:17 AM
Use the usual shelf brackets -- the ones you can get easily here -- and rest the cabinet boxes on them.