PDA

View Full Version : Any good April Fool's jokes?

Malcolm Schweizer
04-01-2015, 9:29 AM
I just received a 100+ pound pull magnet in the mail which will be going in my wife's loaf of bread before dinner. (We dine on the porch on a metal table.) She bakes her own bread, and has been toiling with the recipe because it comes out a little heavy. Here's the funny part- they didn't protect the magnet very well for shipping, and the lady at the post office brought the package out on a metal cart. She couldn't get it off the cart. I told everyone in line what it was, and we all got a great laugh. The joke was on me, however, when I dropped the magnet and it stuck to the door jamb of my Jeep. It took prying with a screwdriver to get it off.

Also I posted on Facebook today that the Hull Bay Hideaway (local surfer hangout) was sold to Marriott Vacation Club and is being converted into "Surf City," a resort that will bring surfers from all over the world. They are building a pier out to the spot where everyone surfs in order to make it easier for the tourists to get there. For the local surfers, this is the equivalent of saying that Lie-Nielsen was just sold to the Chinese to turn into a Harbor Freight. Already I got a call from a friend at DPNR saying people are calling him to ask how this got approved!!! :-)

I love April 1st. So, what did you guys do for April Fool's?

Hilton Ralphs
04-01-2015, 9:50 AM
The South African Post Office is set to launch a fleet of drones as it looks to a more effective mail delivery services following protracted strikes which have crippled the company.

The post office has been given the all clear by the South African Civil Aviation Authority (Sacaa), to fly approximately 30 drones around Johannesburg and promises to deliver your mail within an hour of dispatch.

Richard Dooling
04-01-2015, 10:00 AM
As they have done for 12 years now, Lee Valley posts a new "April fools" tool on their site every April 1st. This year it's a almost 6 minute long video!

Go to the Lee Valley site and use their search function to search "April Fools." I'm not sure I'm allowed to post the actual link.

Malcolm Schweizer
04-01-2015, 10:05 AM
Hilton, that would be awesome- I love skeet shooting!

Richard, I was up at 4:30 anxiously waiting to see what they came up with this year. Well done, Veritas! That said, I am still waiting for my gang rip saw and spider vise to arrive.

Richard Dooling
04-01-2015, 10:08 AM
Really?
I got mine some time back but I can't figgur out the assembly . . .

Malcolm Schweizer
04-01-2015, 10:22 AM
Insert tab A into slot B... repeat 20 times.

Richard Dooling
04-01-2015, 4:06 PM
Deluth Trading Co. is advertising magnetized pants (https://www.duluthtrading.com/features/magnetic-work-pants-april.aspx?src=T15C055C1&ym_mid=1570606&ym_rid=3731948&mboxSession=T15C055-9993731948) that hold your tools - goodbye tool belt!

Larry Edgerton
04-01-2015, 4:10 PM
My wife came back into the house today to tell me she ran into the shop, again.....

Not funny Baby, not funny..........

Larry

daryl moses
04-01-2015, 6:06 PM
My wife who is the office manager for a physical therapist took a gin bottle full of water to work. Set it on her desk and would take a swig every now and then. Fortunately she has a great boss and he knew what she was up to. Her coworkers got her back though, they put a for sale sign on her brand new Altima with a price of $1,500. She had several offers.........

ryan paulsen
04-01-2015, 7:41 PM
I put a sign in the office copy machine that said it had been converted to a voice activated version. If it didn't work the first time you told it too"copy" and it didn't work, repeat yourself loudly until it learned your voice. Surprisingly i had a couple takers, and i work in a science lab!

I also have a remote controlled fart machine which is always funny.

Bill Orbine
04-01-2015, 8:16 PM
I learned today that NASA is sending a cow to the MOOOOOooonn!

Kent A Bathurst
04-01-2015, 8:51 PM
My wife came back into the house today to tell me she ran into the shop, again.....

Not funny Baby, not funny..........

Larry

Au contraire, mon ami - - that is hilarious!!! :D :D

Frederick Skelly
04-01-2015, 10:25 PM
Deluth Trading Co. is advertising magnetized pants (https://www.duluthtrading.com/features/magnetic-work-pants-april.aspx?src=T15C055C1&ym_mid=1570606&ym_rid=3731948&mboxSession=T15C055-9993731948) that hold your tools - goodbye tool belt!

Includes a "chain mail crotch gusset to protect your south pole from stray tools". What a great feature!

Frederick Skelly
04-01-2015, 10:29 PM
I put a sign in the office copy machine that said it had been converted to a voice activated version. If it didn't work the first time you told it too"copy" and it didn't work, repeat yourself loudly until it learned your voice.

Man, I LOVE that. Im gonna try that tomorrow, even though its past April Fools!

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!

Malcolm Schweizer
04-02-2015, 7:44 AM
April Fool's has gone and passed and you're the biggest fool at last!

Jason Roehl
04-02-2015, 8:24 AM
My beloved (and now out of my will) children made several attempts at April Fool's humor. On my way to bed, I poured myself a glass of water from the water filter pitcher, then went to the sink to refill the pitcher. For no reason whatsoever, I stood to the left side of the sink, which I normally don't do. When I turned the water on, the sprayer nozzle shot water across the kitchen due to the rubber band the kids placed around the sprayer trigger. Rookies--I use Scotch tape when I play this prank on someone. Miss #1. My wife came out to see if I had gotten wet--she had fallen prey earlier. Then she showed me all the post-it notes stuck to things in the fridge with kitty eyes and whiskers drawn on them. I wasn't going to open the fridge, so miss #2. Then on my way down the hall (it was close to 11 PM, the kids were most likely asleep), I started laughing loudly and making fun of the kids' paltry attempts in a loud voice. So as I'm standing next to the bed, still trash-talking the kids, I mention that they may wake up with "presents" from the litter box (I wouldn't actually do that). My wife started laughing. A little too long... Enough to make me think. So I pulled back the covers on the bed, and sure enough...

They had filled my side of the bed with foam packing peanuts. Miss #3. Amateurs. Poor kids. I would have thought they would know by now (they're all teens) who they're messing with. Time for some larnin'...

ryan paulsen
04-02-2015, 9:02 AM
My beloved (and now out of my will) children made several attempts at April Fool's humor. On my way to bed, I poured myself a glass of water from the water filter pitcher, then went to the sink to refill the pitcher. For no reason whatsoever, I stood to the left side of the sink, which I normally don't do. When I turned the water on, the sprayer nozzle shot water across the kitchen due to the rubber band the kids placed around the sprayer trigger. Rookies--I use Scotch tape when I play this prank on someone. Miss #1. My wife came out to see if I had gotten wet--she had fallen prey earlier. Then she showed me all the post-it notes stuck to things in the fridge with kitty eyes and whiskers drawn on them. I wasn't going to open the fridge, so miss #2. Then on my way down the hall (it was close to 11 PM, the kids were most likely asleep), I started laughing loudly and making fun of the kids' paltry attempts in a loud voice. So as I'm standing next to the bed, still trash-talking the kids, I mention that they may wake up with "presents" from the litter box (I wouldn't actually do that). My wife started laughing. A little too long... Enough to make me think. So I pulled back the covers on the bed, and sure enough...

They had filled my side of the bed with foam packing peanuts. Miss #3. Amateurs. Poor kids. I would have thought they would know by now (they're all teens) who they're messing with. Time for some larnin'...

Payback is most enjoyable...

Chris Padilla
04-02-2015, 12:41 PM
My wife who is the office manager for a physical therapist took a gin bottle full of water to work. Set it on her desk and would take a swig every now and then. Fortunately she has a great boss and he knew what she was up to. Her coworkers got her back though, they put a for sale sign on her brand new Altima with a price of $1,500. She had several offers.........

That is good! I would have tried to nab her water-filled gin bottle and filled it with real gin or vodka and then watch her take a drink!! LOL

Eduard Nemirovsky
04-02-2015, 7:19 PM
I learned today that NASA is sending a cow to the MOOOOOooonn!
it is a PIG !!!:D:D

Bill Orbine
04-03-2015, 7:56 AM
it is a PIG !!!:D:D

If it was a pig, I'd be looking forward to grilling baby back ribs on the moon! :D

Here's the beef: http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap150401.html