PDA

View Full Version : Frame Slop Problem

Rich Ferry
03-28-2015, 4:12 PM
Hey everyone,

So I had the engraver finally working....the chinese engraver. And now for some reason EVERY single thing I try to do is stating there is a frame slop problem. How do I fix this problem? It says that no matter what the image or size is? Thanks!

Kim McIntosh
03-28-2015, 5:12 PM
Hi Rich,

Have you tried the reset button on the control panel? With my machine, I need to do a reset to get rid of the error.

Regards
Kim

Rich Ferry
03-28-2015, 6:41 PM
Hi Rich,

Have you tried the reset button on the control panel? With my machine, I need to do a reset to get rid of the error.

Regards
Kim

I did, and of course it goes back to where it was, any specific reset I need to do? I know someone said something about pointing it at the origin, but still i don't know how the machine would claim a frame slop if it doesn't know the sizing of what product is in it to be engraved on?

Rich Harman
03-28-2015, 9:40 PM
And now for some reason EVERY single thing I try to do is stating there is a frame slop problem.

There a couple things that can cause this error. If you are rastering and have the start point at the edge of the table you will get the error. There needs to be space on either side of the graphic for accelerating and decelerating. The fix is to move the work piece over on the bed a few inches.

The origin point could have been changed. There will be a small green square on the screen indicating the expected start position of the laser head. There are nine choices for where that can be located. If it has changed then the laser may see the workpiece as being off the table.

There are other settings that if changed, will cause the error too.

Richard Rumancik
03-28-2015, 10:44 PM
For those of us who do not have Chinese lasers - I assume that "frame slop" means some kind of out-of-bounds error? As in having part of the graphic outside the legal area? I wonder what term they were using that got translated into "frame slop" . . .

Clark Pace
03-28-2015, 11:56 PM
For those of us who do not have Chinese lasers - I assume that "frame slop" means some kind of out-of-bounds error? As in having part of the graphic outside the legal area? I wonder what term they were using that got translated into "frame slop" . . .

Frame slop = Frame Stop.

The raster image can't be totally to the left or X0 point. You have to give the laser about 1/2 inch or so.

Rich Ferry
03-29-2015, 3:48 AM
There a couple things that can cause this error. If you are rastering and have the start point at the edge of the table you will get the error. There needs to be space on either side of the graphic for accelerating and decelerating. The fix is to move the work piece over on the bed a few inches.

The origin point could have been changed. There will be a small green square on the screen indicating the expected start position of the laser head. There are nine choices for where that can be located. If it has changed then the laser may see the workpiece as being off the table.

There are other settings that if changed, will cause the error too.

It's on a rotary? So should I have the x axis moved over ot the left? I mean I've kinda done that, or is there an issue with the y axis space? And for some reason it winds up engraving from from like i guess the center of the image, and then goes to the left past the glass. Which it's never done before?

Do you have the settings on the general tab of rdcam from coreldraw? Like the audo start, from origin point, etc. And for the tab that has where the laser head is, top left, top center, top right, etc etc....does that need to have anything?

Thanks

Clark Pace
03-29-2015, 2:54 PM
It's on a rotary? So should I have the x axis moved over ot the left? I mean I've kinda done that, or is there an issue with the y axis space? And for some reason it winds up engraving from from like i guess the center of the image, and then goes to the left past the glass. Which it's never done before?

Do you have the settings on the general tab of rdcam from coreldraw? Like the audo start, from origin point, etc. And for the tab that has where the laser head is, top left, top center, top right, etc etc....does that need to have anything?

Thanks

Start you engraving farther to the right.

John Noell
03-29-2015, 3:00 PM
AFAIK, the settings like origin point can only be set from within RDCam, at least that's how the equivalent software for my Shenhui works. As Rich, said, you have the option from starting at any edge or center. BUT, you must have enough extra room (esp. room to left and right for acceleration-deceleration) for the entire graphic in the work area. This is true of Epilog as well (and I would guess all others), but the Chinese error message is a bit, uhh, odd for English speakers. Sure sounds like the origin point got changed. When you change it while working on one file, it can be changed for all others (as it is a "system setting").

Kim McIntosh
03-29-2015, 4:05 PM
Another thing that created the error on my machine was excess speed.