PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Marble/Granite Suppliers

Sarah Mac
03-25-2015, 6:43 PM
I'm looking for a granite/marble Canadian supplier that offers anything thicker than 3/4 inch. Even something like 1 to 2 inches thick like what lasersketch.com has. Our company's located in Alberta and laser sketch has exactly what we need but the cost to ship from the states and conversion to Canadian dollars makes it pretty expensive.

We're needing a thicker material as we would like to engrave pet memorials.

Bill George
03-25-2015, 7:54 PM
I'm looking for a granite/marble Canadian supplier that offers anything thicker than 3/4 inch. Even something like 1 to 2 inches thick like what lasersketch.com has. Our company's located in Alberta and laser sketch has exactly what we need but the cost to ship from the states and conversion to Canadian dollars makes it pretty expensive.

We're needing a thicker material as we would like to engrave pet memorials.\
I generally engrave Pet Memorials on the thin stuff. Why so thick? It can be set into a (wet) cement base that has been poured into the ground and last just as long.
Go to a place that does granite counter tops, or real people memorials they might have the thicker stone.

Sarah Mac
03-26-2015, 11:55 AM
I was thinking a thicker material for anyone wanting to have a headstone they wanted to stand up than lay in the ground, but that's a good point with the wet cement. I didn't think of that, thanks for the help!

Belinda Barfield
03-26-2015, 3:23 PM
+1 on Bill's suggestion, check with your local countertop fabricators for remnant pieces. You might also want to ask their price for polishing the edges for you.

Bert Kemp
03-27-2015, 11:16 AM
You could always engrave on the thinner stuff then mount it to a piece of granite or a flat stone with a good exterior epoxy . I did our ferrets head stone that way and its been five years now and its still attached and standing.