PDA

View Full Version : Arbor/Pergola

John Gregory
08-03-2005, 1:36 PM
We finished an Arbor/Pergola for our climbing roses. Constructed from Red Cedar, no finish we will let it weather to match our cedar fence. We modified some plans from WoodSmith (http://plansnow.com/arbor.html) magazine. Eventually we will pave with flag stone and build a bench/glider for this area. Just for interest sakes, we have about 20 hours into this project and the cost was about $300 for wood and hardware.

Thanks for looking

Bernie Weishapl
08-03-2005, 2:16 PM
John, a beautiful job. Loooooks good.

Bernie

Jim Becker
08-03-2005, 2:50 PM
Wow, that really turned out beautifully, John!! I like it alot. (One of these days I need to make something similar for just off our patio as a more formal "entryway" from the side driveway area)

Von Bickley
08-03-2005, 3:14 PM
John,
The arbor looks great and so does the yard... :)

John Gregory
08-03-2005, 3:19 PM
Wow, that really turned out beautifully, John!! I like it alot. (One of these days I need to make something similar for just off our patio as a more formal "entryway" from the side driveway area)

The plan was easy to build from. It was a fun project. We spent about 20 hours building it. This is the first project that we have tracked our time on. I just tracked it for curiousity's sake.

Jerry Olexa
08-03-2005, 3:29 PM
Beautiful work, John!! Looks like it belongs...The redwood will weather nicely and blend right in...Great jo!!

Jason Tuinstra
08-03-2005, 3:54 PM
John, that really looks nice, especially when seen with the rest of the yard. I really like the curved details as well. You did a great job on it. I'm impressed that it only took you 20 hours to build. I'm sure it would have taken me forever. Thanks for showing it off. It turned out great.

Roy Wall
08-03-2005, 4:07 PM
John,

Beautiful work!!.............
You must have green thumb too - yard is terrific....

Tuff to keep ours that green in KC summertime..........:mad:

John Gregory
08-03-2005, 4:20 PM
John, that really looks nice, especially when seen with the rest of the yard. I really like the curved details as well. You did a great job on it. I'm impressed that it only took you 20 hours to build. I'm sure it would have taken me forever. Thanks for showing it off. It turned out great.

Most projects take us forever The last one, a dresser set for our daughter found in another post, took us from March through July.:eek: But since this is a hobby, many other matters limit out time in the shop.

I was off work last week, We had planned to visit the woodworking show in Las Vegas, but family matters caused us to change our plans.

John Gregory
08-03-2005, 4:23 PM
John,

Beautiful work!!.............
You must have green thumb too - yard is terrific....

Tuff to keep ours that green in KC summertime..........:mad:

My wife has the green thumb. I just help. We love our yard and enjoy spending time there. We have a very close family, and often have family gatherings at our house in the summer. For the grand kids we have a swing set and a trampoline. At family parties we usually have 30+ there.

Don Baer
08-03-2005, 4:27 PM
Very nice addition to your yard. Your's looks to be about twice as wide as the one in the plans. Nice improvement.

Richard Wolf
08-03-2005, 5:03 PM
Wow, great job,well done. The yard looks unreal as well as the blue in the sky, I guess that's Utah.

Richard

Ron Jones near Indy
08-03-2005, 9:38 PM
Very nice John. All elements fit together well.

Steve Ash
08-03-2005, 9:59 PM
John,
Very nice! I just showed my wife your pics....she loved it and wants one for our backyard just like it.
Guess I have another project to add to the list.

Roger Myers
08-03-2005, 10:51 PM
John,
Great looking job...nice design and well executed. One more item on my to do list.....
Thanks for posting the pics!!
Roger

Lou Morrissette
08-04-2005, 8:55 PM
Great job, John. The arched portion realy compliments the design. Very nice.

Lou

Kelly C. Hanna
08-05-2005, 8:20 AM
Nice work John!! Now to hide this page quick before the wife sees it!!!