PDA

View Full Version : Help with this logo that needs to be engraved.

Mohammed Hasham1
03-23-2015, 12:19 PM
Hi,

I need this logo to be engraved on glass. It's coloured however is there a way I can engraved it? If anyone has any idea's please share it. I totally don't know how to do this one. Thanks for everyone help in advance!

Mohammed

Glen Monaghan
03-23-2015, 12:41 PM
It depends on what you mean by engraving it on glass. One approach would be to convert the colored cap and feather to gray scale for engraving on front (or, reversed, on back) of glass. Either front or back, the engraving will have a frosted look unless color filled somehow. If you "need" the color, then you could try reverse engraving and reverse painting... good luck! Or you could just engrave the text and apply a colored decal or color printed mylar rendition of the feathered cap in the appropriate position.

Bill George
03-23-2015, 12:51 PM
Hi,

I need this logo to be engraved on glass. It's coloured however is there a way I can engraved it? If anyone has any idea's please share it. I totally don't know how to do this one. Thanks for everyone help in advance!

Mohammed

Joined in 2010 and first post? Anyway I just did a Weld because it seems there were about 200 parts to your Image. Converted to a B&W Bitmap and Exported the same way. It went into my machine program and looked ok. It would really help if you listed your machine model and type.

Mohammed Hasham1
03-23-2015, 2:19 PM
Hi Bill,

Yes, I joined in 2010 however, I never had a laser engraver. I just bought one. Epilog 18" x 12" only 25 power. If you tell me how you got it to work or even send me a file in Corel that would be great. I'm still learning corel. I know the basics. It will be going in a glass reverse. No colour filling just engraving. The text is ok it's only the green and yellow part of the logo. Thanks for help

Joined in 2010 and first post? Anyway I just did a Weld because it seems there were about 200 parts to your Image. Converted to a B&W Bitmap and Exported the same way. It went into my machine program and looked ok. It would really help if you listed your machine model and type.

Bill George
03-24-2015, 1:24 PM
PM sent yesterday.

Bill George
03-25-2015, 7:41 AM
Hello? PM sent a couple days ago.