PDA

View Full Version : A4 Polypropylene sheets

Keith Colson
03-23-2015, 7:01 AM
I have a customer that wants a large quantity of stencils cut into A4 polypropylene sheets around 0.5mm thick. I have a couple of questions.

What is the cheapest way to buy these pre cut in A4? e.g. a pack of "Report Covers Polypropylene"

Can I stack more than one sheet without issues? How many with a my laser in my signature?

Any help would be good.

Cheers
Keith

Dan Hintz
03-23-2015, 8:07 AM
I'll let others post suppliers, but as to the stacking...

Yes and no. How high of an edge quality do you need? Straight stacking tends not to work well as the sheets will melt into each other. I have had (limited) success in the past by layering with alternating sheets of tissue paper, but you will not get more than a few sheets stacked before melt becomes a problem again. If you need fine detail, forget stacking altogether. Preventing the sheets from "unstacking" due to the airflow is a problem I never really solved to my satisfaction... some well-placed magnets work if the design allows it, but not all designs do.

Andrew Holloway
03-23-2015, 7:08 PM
Can you do them in a mylar stencil plastic? It is great stuff, it cuts very quickly and edge quality is amazing - compared to polypropylene.
You can stack it, I have done 5 sheets at once, should be able to do many more.
I get it from Laser and Sign Technology in Sydney, Australia.