PDA

View Full Version : Lasercut 5.3 communication issue- Help!

Patrick Smithwick
03-22-2015, 11:21 PM
Hello,
I have a Rabbit Laser (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FIAK3O) that I bought about 9 months ago and am having problems this afternoon with the Lasercut. The laser has been great and the service from Ray and Carole has been great!

I have been using the machine all morning and this afternoon I have been getting "The communication is broken for timeout. Please close and open the output window and retry" and also "MotionCard- Softdog no same!' Which has prevented me from getting my work done.

I tried unplugging the cable to the laser and plugging it back in with no luck, I shut down and rebooted the computer an unplugged and plugged in the dongle but still with no success. I was wondering if somebody out there could help me get this solved?

Thank you for any suggestions!

Bert Kemp
03-22-2015, 11:35 PM
I get that message sometimes when the usb gets unplugged. Sounds like you did all the checks ,maybe try a different usb cable. Try unplugging the control pad and operate right from lasercut on computer., Try different usb slot for the dongle and the cable

Patrick Smithwick
03-23-2015, 1:21 AM
Bert, Thanks for the feedback. I'll give it a try. I had a problem with the same about a week ago and I rebooted and it worked fine. I don't know if it was coincidence or not or I moved enough things around. Never fails as I have a bunch of work i am trying to get caught up on.

Amos De Pasquale
03-23-2015, 6:18 AM
With USB dongle, we tend to leave it safely plugged in at all times, it is also worth removing and give a light spray with CRC-25 to lubricate contacts electrically. Amos