PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Engraver Rotary Help on Flared Glass

Rich Ferry
03-22-2015, 2:14 PM
Hey Everyone,

So I know that with the roller rotary that it is a little bit more difficult to handle Flared Glass. I'm new here and just bought my first engraver, and of course am having problems like everyone else with the image stretching or distorting. I found quite a few posts about this issue, and found this calculator

http://www.unikatissima.de/e/?p=2117

But what would be the easiest way to fix this problem. Can I create something out of like cardboard or foam that fits on the bottom of this glass so that the diameter of the bottom is the same as the top? Would that work and just have areas where it has slightly lesser darkness? Or is using the warp function the best way?

Otherwise with this calculator how do I put this information into corel draw->laserworks so that I don't have this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Patrick Smithwick
03-23-2015, 11:22 PM
Hi Rich,
I do quite a few of the 1 pint beer glasses and have a way that works fairly well for me. I make the lasered surface level first and then focus and do the lasering. I explain to my customers that with the flare in the glass I do not like to get too wide with the image. I have not really had any that i have done that way come out looking distorted and my customers have been quite happy with them.

Hey Everyone,

So I know that with the roller rotary that it is a little bit more difficult to handle Flared Glass. I'm new here and just bought my first engraver, and of course am having problems like everyone else with the image stretching or distorting. I found quite a few posts about this issue, and found this calculator

http://www.unikatissima.de/e/?p=2117

But what would be the easiest way to fix this problem. Can I create something out of like cardboard or foam that fits on the bottom of this glass so that the diameter of the bottom is the same as the top? Would that work and just have areas where it has slightly lesser darkness? Or is using the warp function the best way?

Otherwise with this calculator how do I put this information into corel draw->laserworks so that I don't have this issue?

Thanks in advance!