PDA

View Full Version : Feed tables for Dewalt 735x

Rick Johnston
03-22-2015, 12:02 AM
I've never used a planer. I will have a 735x in a few days. I'd like a heads up on how to adjust to minimize snipe. Reading the past threads - raising the out feed table seems necessary. Besides trial and error, I'd like a heads up on how to approach the issue. Also how to raise the tables, it may be obvious when I get it?

Andrew Hughes
03-22-2015, 2:06 AM
Rick my dewalt 735 doent snipe if I send wood thru that's flat from the jointer.So maybe yours will be snipe free also.Some do some don't.Aj

Myk Rian
03-22-2015, 8:17 AM
You place a penny on each side of the base table and lay a straight edge across it. Adjust the leaf ends up until they are even with the straight edge.
Do the same for the other side.

Brian Tymchak
03-22-2015, 9:33 AM
I was never able to get rid of the snipe with the in/outfeed tables on my 735. Not quite sure why, but I wonder if the tables are too light weight to handle heavier longer boards. I use roller stands for the longer boards now. The in/outfeed tables are just collecting dust at the moment.

Larry Frank
03-22-2015, 1:05 PM
I also have never completely eliminated snipe on my 735.

I have tried adjusting the table with a penny and tried a lot of things. However, if you measure with a digital micrometers and can find a couple thousandths. I have even built a long sled but still same results.

With good setup you can really reduce it but I have never found zero.

Jim Mackell
03-22-2015, 4:46 PM
However, if you measure with a digital micrometers and can find a couple thousandths. I have even built a long sled but still same results.

For a machine that is generally available for about $500., I think a couple of thousands is a pretty good result. I generally make 1 sanding pass with 120 paper and have never been able to see snipe UNLESS it was a very long board not properly supported on roller stands before and after the tables.

David Utterback
03-22-2015, 8:01 PM
Not having the extension tables, I have put upward tension on the outfeed side has help me reduce snipe. Also, keeping the rollers clean has helped mine operate better.