PDA

View Full Version : SawStop PCS Extension wings...

John Sanford
03-19-2015, 3:56 PM
I have a plan, it is, if I do say so myself, a clever plan. But, being clever is not enough. There are a great many clever plans that have failed. What's that? Enough of the jabber, just share the plan and ask the questions? Okay....

SawStop PCS configured with the SawStop Sliding Table in place of the left extension wing. Incra TS-LS Fence System (72" rails), w/ legs. Right Side Extension wing. Left Wing moved to buddy up to the right of the Right Side Wing. Benchdog Cast Iron router extension to the right of that. In short, 40" of cast iron to the right of the saw.

My primary concern regarding points of failure is the connections between the extensions.

Any thoughts? Is this a fool's dream, or does it sound workable? Has anybody daisy chained extension wings?

Peter Aeschliman
03-19-2015, 4:13 PM
Very workable. The only issue I foresee is trying to move your saw around. The weight will be really biased to the right, so the saw will want to tip. But it will work great if your saw is stationary and you use the legs under your fence rails.

Drilling cast iron is really easy (much softer than steel), so if the holes don't line up, just drill some holes. Easy peasy.

Bill Sutherland
03-19-2015, 8:50 PM
I was envisioning the same setup. I was able to trade my SS upgrade fence for a complete Incra TS-LS system which started me thinking what I would put under the "Incra Bridge" on the right side. Since I already have a couple of Festool MFT tables I'm not sure there's any advantage of the SS Slider? Already have a router table so don't need the right side but there's room for something.

Ray Newman
03-19-2015, 8:55 PM
I think it would be advisable to add some "under-the-table" type of support to this 40" cast iron extension due to its weight -- who knows it just could start to sag.