PDA

View Full Version : Epilog driver problem

mike klein
03-19-2015, 8:46 AM
We updated to the latest drivers for the Mini and Fusion but now the color Black in color mapping is not available. Tells me that color is reserved.
anyone else have this problem?

Scott Shepherd
03-19-2015, 9:51 AM
We updated to the latest drivers for the Mini and Fusion but now the color Black in color mapping is not available. Tells me that color is reserved.
anyone else have this problem?

That error was posted some time ago and Epilog said that's the way it is from now on and that's what they want. Black, apparently, can only be used for rastering now. I forget who raised it the issue on here, but it was about 2 months ago.

mike klein
03-19-2015, 10:01 AM
That was my primary rastering color but you can't change the settings any longer in color mapping.

Scott Shepherd
03-19-2015, 10:01 AM
I think it's this thread....

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?226093-Epilog-Users&highlight=epilog+driver+color

mike klein
03-19-2015, 10:12 AM
There has to be more to it than what Epilog is saying. I mean using Black all these years on the driver and then all of a sudden its not a valid color? Doesn't make sense to me.

Mike Chance in Iowa
03-19-2015, 5:58 PM
It would help to post what version driver you installed so that others can be properly warned. I'm assuming the "latest drivers" are what I found on Epilog's web site right now?
Epilog Mini/Helix Driver 9.03 (01/07/15) Replaces version 9.02 (08/25/14)

What's even worse is Epilog does not indicate this change at all on their download page. I would uninstall it and re-install your older driver.

mike klein
03-19-2015, 6:33 PM
The driver version for the Fusion/Fiber is 1.060, for the Mini its 9.02.

2 other functions that are gone from the fusion/fiber driver, but still work in the Mini driver, are Vector sorting and the ability to select Raster type (Basic, 3D, and Stamp Mode). These have now been moved to the Job Manager which I have no use for as 99% of our products are personalized items, not repeats. We did convert all of our .dat files over to work with the new drivers but did keep the old ones so we do have the option of going back to the older versions of the driver.

I really like the Epilog products and their support but I'm not tickled about these latest changes to the drivers.

Mike Chance in Iowa
03-19-2015, 8:37 PM
Hmmm. I have 9.02 installed on my new Windows 7 computer and I have black color mapping. I use the classic view. Try switching to Classic view and see if that works? I am not using their new Job Manager.

I would be in a world of hurt if I lost black color mapping too. I have lots of saved Corel files and saved print DAT files with Black 0,0,0 in them.