View Full Version : The Barracuda2 Key Chuck System

Mike Ramsey
08-02-2005, 2:44 PM
"The Barracuda2 Key Chuck System"
Anyone using this chuck system and would you recommend it? I'ts listed
at PSI for $154.00 for the set.

Mike Henderson
11-14-2005, 9:31 PM
I just received a Barracuada2 chuck a couple of days ago. I'm not an expert turner, but I turned a few drawer knobs with the Barracuada2 chuck and was very satisfied with it - beats the heck out turning them without a chuck. I'd be interested to hear the opinion of more experienced turners who have worked with some of the "name" turning chucks. For my level of expertise, the chuck is satisfactory.

My only complaint so far has to do with the "tightening wrench". It's a square drive wrench but of odd size. It'd be nice to get an adapter for a 3/8 inch socket wrench so you could use that, especially if you lose the wrench that came with the chuck.

Mike

Kurt Aebi
11-15-2005, 7:37 AM
I got mine a couple of weeks ago and really like it!

Seems to be of rather high quality - their version of the woodworm screw grips well, even in old dry walnut (couldn't say that of the utility chuck's screw adapter).

It comes with everything you'll need, except the Jumbo Flat Jaws.

The only real problem that I had was the Long, Long lead time - I ordered it in late July or early August and didn't recieve it until the first week of November. Maybe, now that they have gotten some in, that means the wait will no longer be an issue.

David Dixson
11-15-2005, 8:22 AM
Unfortunately, they're already back out of stock again. They must of gotten in samples from the first manufacturing run and that's what you guys got.

Mike Henderson
11-15-2005, 7:19 PM
I bugged PSI on a regular basis about the chuck and was told right before they shipped that they received enough chucks to supply everyone who had ordered before the end of September. I don't know how many that was, but I'm sure it was a number larger than two.

I still haven't received the optional flat bowl jaws that I ordered at the same time as the chuck.

Mike