PDA

View Full Version : Woodworking in Keywest

John Branam
08-02-2005, 12:37 PM
Vacation time is finally near, my wife and I head to Keywest in 2 weeks, does anyone know of any woodworking related places in the Keys?

Hal Flynt
08-02-2005, 6:50 PM
Nope, but the Hog's Breath is a good place to ponder woodworking.

There are some pretty nice architectural tours you can take, like Hemmingways place. BUT it's a vacation, just ponder.

Jim Becker
08-02-2005, 8:23 PM
I don't recall seeing any woodworking down there, but do tour Nancy's Secret Garden (and make a contribution for the birds) and eat at Mangoes. ('Had my wedding in the garden and the reception at the restaurant mentioned... ;) ) There is a lot of good eating in that town and some very interesting history. The sunsets a the docks are very nice, too.

John Shuk
08-02-2005, 9:46 PM
Woodworking no. But if you like I have a condo in Marathon that could use some new cabinets if you want to do some work. You can find my cell phone at the bottom of the outside shark enclosure at the aquarium in Key West. It might not work too well anymore. It's been there since Feb. You couls always go to Lignum Vitae Key. It is in the middle keys and pretty cool to see. Have a Mojito for me and enjoy!
John