PDA

View Full Version : Sample jobs

Bobby Hatfield
08-02-2005, 10:24 AM
Up early to deliver a sample at 5:00 AM to my local breakfast joint. The owner was taken by another cabinetmaker/woodworker, jerk, for some poured top, deco-podge advertisement tables, he absconded with the deposits, when he and his wife split, from ad-customers and resturant owner. Well, me being a big, ole softee, agreed to build some replacement tops for the old tables. Being a patriotic sort and the one selecting the color for the sample, I wanted to brighten up the place so maybe it would rub off on some of the local olegrouch customers, (you know the kind). Here is a picture of my efforts, not sure of order outcome, the early morning waitress/cook, had a request for some of her favorite customers, a pink one and a purple one, owner thought a John Deere yellow and green one, was probably needed. Will report results as they come in. Bobby

Bob Noles
08-02-2005, 10:38 AM
Bobby,

Your work certainly brightens the place up and looks good in there. I like the concept.

John Hemenway
08-02-2005, 11:44 AM
Looks good. Do they serve French food? (French flag table, don't ya know :) )

Keith Weber
08-02-2005, 12:05 PM
Hi Bobby,

Your table certainly adds some much needed color to that place. Just out of curiosity...you mentioned that you wanted the table to be patriotic. If you sit on the right side of the table in your picture, you are looking at the national flag of France. Was that the intent, or is the red, white and blue meant to represent the colors of the American flag? Like I mentioned, I was just curious.

Keith