PDA

View Full Version : JessEm router fences question

Richard Dooling
03-15-2015, 3:21 PM
I'm looking to upgrade my router fence and was hoping someone could help me understand the difference between the JessEm Rout-R-Fence and the JessEm Mast-R-Fence II.

Mostly I would like to know if the Mast-R-Fence II is made of heavier components.

Thanks,
Richard

scott vroom
03-15-2015, 3:40 PM
Good question. The Jessem web site descriptions are virtually identical. The only spec'd difference I could find is that the Master is 2" wider and 1/4" taller which alone doesn't seem to justify the $70 price difference. One would think Jessem would have highlighted the Master's added features/functionality that would justify it's higher price.

Richard Dooling
03-15-2015, 9:58 PM
Hey Scott,

I wish I could see them side by side but my local store only has the Rout-R-Fence for now. What do I get for $70??

I'll try calling JessEm tomorrow and if I get anything useful I'll post it.

Richard Dooling
03-16-2015, 11:02 AM
The Rout-R-fence is being discontinued and in fact shows as unavailable on the Woodcraft site.

According to JessEm there are the size differences you note plus the addition of adjustable fence track scales. They have also added a fence centering feature. Apparently the thickness of the extrusions is the same.

Here is a link to the manual (http://www.jessem.com/PRODUCT_MANUALS/04010%20Master-R-Fence-Rout-R-Fence_Manual.pdf) for both.