PDA

View Full Version : AR Blue Clean electric pressure washer

Dave Lehnert
03-12-2015, 10:55 PM
I own a larger gas powered pressure washer. Want something smaller for a quick cleaning of a lawn chair or lawn equipment.

The model AR118 from AR Blue Clean looks like it would work for the purpose. $89 on Amazon. (Electric)
Home Depot also has a Ryobi Model RY141600 for $119. New model so no reviews but other like Ryobi models get good reviews.

Interested in the good or bad on each brand. Also does one brand or the other have standard fittings so one is not locked in to one brand accessories or are they all different?

Like the compact size and price of the AR Blue Clean but attracted to the Ryobi from HD for the easy return if a problem comes up.

Greg R Bradley
03-12-2015, 11:14 PM
I have two of the AR118 and they are very nice. Small and convenient and just the right amount of power for your intended use. The one at home is on its third year and the $180-200 Karchers from the Borg usually lasted a year under the same use.

The accessories seem standard sizes but I've only used the ones that came with the unit. I do have a number of different hoses, wands, and nozzles for the larger units that I have at home and work. I think I paid as much for one rotary nozzle for one of the big ones as the entire AR118 unit.

Matt Meiser
05-03-2015, 10:26 AM
I bought the Ryobi a few weeks back. I couldn't justify the maintenance and storage requirements of a full size gas pressure washer after we moved and while I could have rented one from a few different places it would have quickly cost more then the Ryobi. Hard to say how well made it actually is but it did a good job on some normal household tasks. It definitely doesn't have the power of my old John Deere (made by Mi-T-M) but I no longer have to clean a muddy tractor either. The Ryobi is ready to use in 2 minutes, tucks neatly under the hose reel in the garage, and in the winter I can easily stick it in the basement. If it does turn out to be junk after the warranty is up I'll still be out less than renting a couple times a year.

The rotary nozzle that came with it is pretty neat. I'd seen them before but had never tried one. It made fast work of cleaning the green stuff off a perpetually shaded sidewalk.

Dave Lehnert
05-04-2015, 9:11 PM
I bought the Ryobi a few weeks back. I couldn't justify the maintenance and storage requirements of a full size gas pressure washer after we moved and while I could have rented one from a few different places it would have quickly cost more then the Ryobi. Hard to say how well made it actually is but it did a good job on some normal household tasks. It definitely doesn't have the power of my old John Deere (made by Mi-T-M) but I no longer have to clean a muddy tractor either. The Ryobi is ready to use in 2 minutes, tucks neatly under the hose reel in the garage, and in the winter I can easily stick it in the basement. If it does turn out to be junk after the warranty is up I'll still be out less than renting a couple times a year.

The rotary nozzle that came with it is pretty neat. I'd seen them before but had never tried one. It made fast work of cleaning the green stuff off a perpetually shaded sidewalk.

I went ahead and purchased the Ryobi. I works fantastic! Better than I ever thought it would.
Kinda sorry I purchased the gas model a few years back.