PDA

View Full Version : Woodworking Calculator for Android

Brian Henderson
03-12-2015, 4:24 PM
I was thinking earlier that it would be nice to have a woodworking-specific calculator on my phone, one that will add fractional measurement, etc. I went looking on the Google Play store and came up empty, I'll check the Amazon store later, but has anyone found such a thing for Android? There was one but it was a general handyman app, stuffed full of ads and the calculator was no different than the one that comes with the phone.

Kevin McCluney
03-12-2015, 6:32 PM
I found a fraction-capable calculator app for my Android phone called Fraction Calculator Plus by DigitalAlchemy and there are some others. Do a search for "fraction calculator". Non woodworking-specific per se.

Tony Joyce
03-12-2015, 6:33 PM
This is the only one I could find that looked useful. I've had it about two years. Very useful to me.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.com.grandunified.woodshop&hl=en

Tony

Brian Henderson
03-12-2015, 7:08 PM
Thanks, I'll take a look at those when I get home. I know I didn't look very hard but you'd assume they'd just be there.

Scott Cenicola
03-12-2015, 7:09 PM
I use "handyman calculator" from the play store and it works great. Does fractions, board feet, etc. Saved mu butt last week converting millimeters into inches

Myk Rian
03-12-2015, 8:11 PM
I use "handyman calculator" from the play store and it works great. Does fractions, board feet, etc. Saved mu butt last week converting millimeters into inches
+1 The best tool there is.

Martin Wasner
03-12-2015, 8:29 PM
Learn the decimal equivalents. Or, most scientific calculators have a fraction option.

1"=25.4mm

Roger Pozzi
03-13-2015, 7:05 AM
Handyman Calculator, use it almost always since nothing I ever do stays within the original measurements. I can convert anything with that app, and amaze my friends. ;)

Bill Huber
03-13-2015, 10:47 AM
I like and use the Handyman Calculator like others I also have Construction Master Pro and I use that a lot. Construction Master Pro is not free but I really like it for working with fractions, I have a handheld model of it also,