PDA

View Full Version : After 9 hours on hold with Epilog tech support, maybe I should hang up....

Steve Clarkson
03-11-2015, 10:13 PM
.....but the recording says the next available technician will help me..........somehow, I think they all went home and left me on hold......

So maybe someone on here can help........has anyone ever had this happen:

When I plug the USB cable from my laptop into the laser it says "USB Device Not Recognized"

Think I just need a new USB cord.......or a new motherboard?

John Noell
03-11-2015, 10:53 PM
I had the experience of getting that message and finally realized that it was outside their hours. BTW - is there a reason you are not using the (usually more reliable) Ethernet connection instead of USB?

Steve Clarkson
03-11-2015, 11:19 PM
Originally I used the Ethernet cable, but had problems with it a few years ago and switched to the USB and haven't had any issues until today.

Kevin L. Waldron
03-11-2015, 11:21 PM
Steve,

Microsoft is telling you it doesn't have a driver to run the laser through the USB......

Fix = down load the USB Driver from your maker and install. You can do this through the Windows Device Manager if it want recognize it automatically. Most the time if you plug in another USB port the system if you have the driver available will walk you through what to do next etc.

Blessings,

Kevin

Jeffrey Dewing
03-11-2015, 11:23 PM
OK ,These people are not trying to heart you! Back away slowly and don't touch anything!!! Funny...

Gary Hair
03-12-2015, 11:12 AM
unplug the cable and reboot the computer and laser - good chance that it will work now.

David Somers
03-12-2015, 7:04 PM
Steve,

Gary is right. But I might add one step that is often assumed.
When you unplug the USB cable from the computer and shut it down, wait about 15 seconds after it is fully off and turn it back on WITHOUT the device plugged in. Then shut it down normally again. Wait about 15 seconds or so, and fire it back up WITH the Device plugged in. You will have a bit higher success rate with that. And it takes only marginally longer.

Dave

Rangarajan Saravana kumar
03-14-2015, 3:49 AM
Replace cable and try again

regards