PDA

View Full Version : Vegas Pics.

Richard Wolf
08-01-2005, 9:59 PM
I didn't take many pics in Vegas. One of David Marks at the Delta booth and a chair on display by Brian Boggs.

Steve Clardy
08-02-2005, 9:16 AM
I'm going one of these days. I'm going one of these days.

Jason Tuinstra
08-02-2005, 11:06 AM
Wow, maybe I should have gone. Vegas isn't that far away so that could be a nice little trip next year. Just follow the hum of 3hp motors, right?

Michael Ballent
08-02-2005, 11:52 AM
More power to David Marks on starting to get some sponsors, but I have always liked the fact that he really did not have any sponsors and used the tools he felt were most appropriate for the job at hand. I would hate to see his shop go completely to Delta equipment.

Pete Lamberty
08-02-2005, 1:01 PM
I made one of those chairs in a class that I took with Brian Boggs. My chair has two slats instead of three like in the photo. It was a five day class and I had a lot of fun. Brian is a great teacher too. It was a tough class though. My chair turned out really nice. I use it everyday. ;)

Chris Padilla
08-02-2005, 1:23 PM
I'm going one of these days. I'm going one of these days.

Let me know when you go, Bro, and I'll meet you there! Howz dat!? :D

Jim Becker
08-02-2005, 3:22 PM
Wow, maybe I should have gone. Vegas isn't that far away so that could be a nice little trip next year.

Next year is back in Atlanta. (IWF) It alternates, "East Cost", "Left Coast", as it were...

Richard Wolf
08-02-2005, 3:56 PM
I made one of those chairs in a class that I took with Brian Boggs. ;)

Pete, your a lucky guy. I would love to take a class with Brian. He's a great chair maker and in the style I love.

Richard

Ed Bamba
08-02-2005, 8:34 PM
Next year is back in Atlanta. (IWF) It alternates, "East Cost", "Left Coast", as it were...

Yup--the banners above the exits at the convention center read "See You in 2007" If I am still here, I'll be checking it out once again.
Ed Bamba

Doug Edwards
08-02-2005, 11:59 PM
OK. Here's my story and I'm sticking to it. I got a call last week to do some ventilation system testing in Vegas. I flew in Thursday morning and worked all day until about 7:00. i went out that night with the person who contracted me and we were walking between Ceasar's and the Bellagio. I looked over and saw a man and wife and thought that they looked just like David Marks and his wife (I saw pictures of the two of them at a barbeque in Florida last month). I told the person I was with and as expected recieved a blank stare. He had no idea who I was talking about. I didn't approach them because I KNEW that it couldn't be them.

The next day I worked all morning and had the afternoon to sightsee. I was riding the monorail past the convention center at about 5PM and a whole bunch of people get on. That is when I find out that it is AWFS week there. by that time it is too late and I have to go catch a plane. What a bummer!

I did get to say hello to Pete Rose at a card store. But, being from Cincinnati, I had met him before. And while he used to work with lumber, I wouldn't call him a woodworker.