PDA

View Full Version : Blank Router Table Insert Source

Al Launier
03-11-2015, 9:35 AM
I'm looking for a source for "blank" plastic inserts for my Bosch RA1171 router table. The (3) that came with the table have holes that are too large for some of the bits I use & I would like to drill out some blanks that better suit my needs. The inserts for the Bosh table plate measure 0.104" thk x 4" dia.

I called Bosch, but threy don't offer blank inserts & cannot offer a source.

I could also make my own from scratch using 0.104" thick acrylic sheet stock, but cannot find sheets of that thickness. I found 0.100" stock, but I that would require shimmimg with tape, etc. to get the insert flush with the table. 7/64" (0.109") thickness is available from McMaster Carr could be sanded to suit, but the tolerence on thickness is +.023" - .014".

Any suggestions?

glenn bradley
03-11-2015, 10:29 AM
A picture of how these mount might get you some good responses. Do the screw in like a Woodpecker, snap in like some others or attach with screws like the Rocklers? When I had a Rockler plate I use 1/8" material and routed a super-shallow rabbet around the outer edge to make it set into the recess. If your inserts are held in with screws, a rabbet to set the final height of a thicker material might be the fix.

Steve Wurster
03-11-2015, 10:44 AM
You can buy another set of the stock rings at eReplacementParts, but the openings are already in there: http://www.ereplacementparts.com/router-table-insert-set-p-81042.html?osCsid=9jtu1r35526slg1q0f3spcrdo3

If the smallest hole is still too big then you might have to make your own. I could not find a source for blank ones.

Greg Hines, MD
03-11-2015, 10:54 AM
I'm looking for a source for "blank" plastic inserts for my Bosch RA1171 router table. The (3) that came with the table have holes that are too large for some of the bits I use & I would like to drill out some blanks that better suit my needs. The inserts for the Bosh table plate measure 0.104" thk x 4" dia.

I called Bosch, but threy don't offer blank inserts & cannot offer a source.

I could also make my own from scratch using 0.104" thick acrylic sheet stock, but cannot find sheets of that thickness. I found 0.100" stock, but I that would require shimmimg with tape, etc. to get the insert flush with the table. 7/64" (0.109") thickness is available from McMaster Carr could be sanded to suit, but the tolerence on thickness is +.023" - .014".

Any suggestions?

Why not get thicker acrylic material, rabbet the edge to your 0.104" thickness and then drill out whatever size you need?

Doc

Al Launier
03-11-2015, 5:03 PM
Thanks for the help Guys.

These inserts snap in place & the snaps have a way of breaking off.

Glen & Greg thanks for the suggestion. Now that you have suggested the "make" option, I could actually make better inserts than came with the router table- more durable & a better flush fit. Don't know why I didn't think of this before. Seems like I'm having Senior Moments more frequently these days. :( Looks like I'll be getting some Acrylic in the near future. ;)

Myk Rian
03-11-2015, 6:07 PM
Rousseau.
Check Amazon. $35 and change.

For all the detractors;
Yeah yeah. I know the center has a slight rise. But that is why the depth of cut is accurate.