PDA

View Full Version : Polyline Results

Bert Kemp
03-10-2015, 11:08 PM
Thanks to everyone who took time to help with my polyline Issue:)
After a couple days of working on that plus a few other issues I had with this design I think It turned out OK.
This is another donation (someday I'll get someone to buy something LOL )To a Vet who rides with our PGR here in AZ. This guy lives in Tucson and rides to Phoenix several Times a week year round no matter what the weather (bad weather here is 110 degrees) to stand in a Flagline to Honor our Fallen Heroes. Last week he rode to his 1000th mission. Somebody knew I had an engraver and asked if I could make something for him to honor that accomplishment. This is what I came up with. Its a Mirror so I took picture at a wicked angle to cut off most of the reflection. Oh Yes his name is THAD

Bernie Fraser
03-11-2015, 12:17 AM
That looks great Bert, well worth the effort to get it all sorted, well done.

Mike Null
03-11-2015, 7:41 AM
Good work, Bert!

Tony Lenkic
03-11-2015, 8:09 AM
Well done Bert,

From picture it looks that "PATRIOT" & "GUARD" needs bit adjusting for proper spacing.

Bert Kemp
03-14-2015, 8:01 PM
Thanks guys
Tony it might be because of the extreme angle I took the picture at and also the mirror wasn't level when I took the picture, I had it sitting on a towel on the window sill so the light could shine thru it.

Ray Scott
03-15-2015, 2:11 PM
Bert,

Your stuff looks great. I would love to see some of it in person. I plan to visit Arizona soon. Maybe I can stop by. I also am told that you will be traveling across the USA soon. If you might stop by Ohio.. I would like to see some of your work. Maybe I could get some engraving samples from you.. To put on my "wall of pride".

I guess I could open that up to nearly everyone on the forum. If you own a Rabbit Laser machine... I would like to see some engraving/cutting samples. I would like to put the photos on my web site for everyone to see for free. It would be great to have the actual item for me to keep... I realize that it takes time and costs materials to do this stuff. Let me think a while about how to compensate for the donation.

Scott Shepherd
03-15-2015, 2:50 PM
I would like to put the photos on my web site for everyone to see for free. It would be great to have the actual item for me to keep... I realize that it takes time and costs materials to do this stuff. Let me think a while about how to compensate for the donation.

Post their names, their company names, and their website address with the sample as a thanks.

Ray Scott
03-15-2015, 3:22 PM
Scott,

That is a definite YES on posting the Artist names, company websites, Company Name, ... give the credit where due. I would like to post the pictures here on SawMillCreek .. and on my own website. I want this to be a chance for people to brag about the high quality work they have done. I also want to compensate for the time to do the work.. and the cost of shipping. ..but I don't want to give cash.

I do have an extreme surplus of mirrors. Most all laser machines that I went back to visit (years later) have needed new mirrors. It is a factor of exposure to humidity and lack of proper cleaning.

Bert Kemp
03-15-2015, 7:12 PM
Thanks Ray and yes you can stop by anytime your in AZ, would be happy to see you and Carol too if she'll be with you. I've seen that wall of pride, don't know if my stuff quali:)fy's to be hung up there but I'd like to try .

Bert,

Your stuff looks great. I would love to see some of it in person. I plan to visit Arizona soon. Maybe I can stop by. I also am told that you will be traveling across the USA soon. If you might stop by Ohio.. I would like to see some of your work. Maybe I could get some engraving samples from you.. To put on my "wall of pride".

I guess I could open that up to nearly everyone on the forum. If you own a Rabbit Laser machine... I would like to see some engraving/cutting samples. I would like to put the photos on my web site for everyone to see for free. It would be great to have the actual item for me to keep... I realize that it takes time and costs materials to do this stuff. Let me think a while about how to compensate for the donation.