PDA

View Full Version : Bessey K-Body Clamps Gloat

David B Thornton
03-10-2015, 4:01 PM
I found a guy selling a bunch of stuff on CL (Jet Spindle Sander, Disc/Belt Sander and Bandsaw) which were all great deals in and of themselves, but I'm not sure I have the money for them right now. I did go to check them out just so I know what condition they were in, etc. and found out he was selling a bunch of his K-Body clamps. He's going through a divorce and is being forced to sell off some stuff to pay his ex.

Anyways, I picked up:
(11) 50" K-Body Clamps (KR3.550)
(3) 40" K-Body Clamps (KR3.540)

All for $350 and they're in great condition! Just calculated retail from Amazon and they would come out to $858, so I think I got a good deal. I don't quite need them yet, but how could I pass it up!?

George Bokros
03-10-2015, 4:21 PM
Nice score. You suck!

glenn bradley
03-10-2015, 4:28 PM
David, I don't know you but, I'm afraid it is official . .. I hate you.

Great score, congrats!

David Spurr
03-10-2015, 7:14 PM
I agree, not only do you suck but I hate you as well. Congrats on a great score.

mike mcilroy
03-10-2015, 7:20 PM
Couldn't get a date with his ex too?

Jesse Busenitz
03-10-2015, 7:34 PM
Boy I saw this thread and thought it was you who stole them....:mad: But then I realized you're in WA. There was someone selling 10 Jorgeson Cab Master + 6-8 Jorgy bar clamp for 250. Called him said they were gone... only been up for 2 hours.... wonder why???

Judson Green
03-10-2015, 7:51 PM
Good score!

Bill McNiel
03-10-2015, 8:49 PM
Great buy, guess in should be checking the northern areas of the state more. What model was the belt/ disc sander? What condition?

David B Thornton
03-10-2015, 9:38 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty excited I got them. Looking forward to building something that needs them and not running out of clamps. Then I'll run out of clamps and buy more :D

Great buy, guess in should be checking the northern areas of the state more. What model was the belt/ disc sander? What condition?

Here's the models of the machines and they were in great shape. The bandsaw had the 6" riser and resaw fence, etc. etc.
Belt/Disc Sander - Jet J-4200A - $500
14" Wood/Metal Bandsaw - Jet J-8201K - $700
Oscilating Spindle Sander - Jet JOVS-10 - $700

mike mcilroy
03-10-2015, 9:58 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty excited I got them. Looking forward to building something that needs them and not running out of clamps. Then I'll run out of clamps and buy more :D

Preach to the choir brother. Amen!

David B Thornton
03-10-2015, 10:03 PM
Man, the day just keeps getting better. Just picked up a Grizzly 1182 for $175 with mobile base (Probably at the higher end of the price range to pay) that is in great shape.

Called my neighbor friend to have him help offload it for me and he told me that the construction company he works for is always throwing away small to large pieces of very expensive lumber. He said that the cheapest house he's worked on in the past 2 years is worth about $5 million and they are throwing away tons of scraps and even large pieces of lumber. He is going to start grabbing it all for me and the best part, for free!

mike mcilroy
03-10-2015, 10:51 PM
Man, the day just keeps getting better. Just picked up a Grizzly 1182 for $175 with mobile base (Probably at the higher end of the price range to pay) that is in great shape.

Called my neighbor friend to have him help offload it for me and he told me that the construction company he works for is always throwing away small to large pieces of very expensive lumber. He said that the cheapest house he's worked on in the past 2 years is worth about $5 million and they are throwing away tons of scraps and even large pieces of lumber. He is going to start grabbing it all for me and the best part, for free!

I tried holding it in but you just had to keep pushing.

I agree, not only do you suck but I hate you as well. Congrats on a great score.
+1

Bill McNiel
03-11-2015, 1:03 AM
Allright David, that's just about enough, I'm starting to really dislike you as well. I saw that add but no reference to Bessey clamps, great score.

Thanks for the reply. I'm off to Bandon Dunes tomorrow, if the disc/belt sander is still available upon my return next week I guess I'll have to make the journey north.

David B Thornton
03-11-2015, 1:32 AM
Allright David, that's just about enough, I'm starting to really dislike you as well. I saw that add but no reference to Bessey clamps, great score.

Thanks for the reply. I'm off to Bandon Dunes tomorrow, if the disc/belt sander is still available upon my return next week I guess I'll have to make the journey north.

Haha, I'm a good guy, I swear! I probably would have been banished if he would have sold me his Stanley Sweetheart 750 series Socket Chisel set for $50. I had the cash out until he realized he had already sold his 2nd set and didn't want to sell both.

Bandon Dunes!? Take me! I've wanted to golf that place for a long time now. I played Chamber's last year and it was a lot of fun and I did quite well.

Hopefully he still has the sander. I know that he said I was the only person so far to contact him about the large equipment. He also said that if they don't sell within the week, he'll probably take them off because he has to come up with the money in the next week to pay the ex and won't need to sell them after that point.

Gene Takae
03-11-2015, 2:16 AM
Dave, I think you should take a trip to Vegas with the luck you've been having!!!

David B Thornton
03-11-2015, 2:24 AM
Dave, I think you should take a trip to Vegas with the luck you've been having!!!

I just might have to. I'm also visiting another place tomorrow that could provide some very good deals! Please don't hate me.

Now if only I could find a good deal on a Drill Press as that's the next most needed tool that I have to get.

Bill McNiel
03-22-2015, 8:55 PM

David,
When I returned yesterday from my golf excursion, (Bandon for 5 days and then a slow journey up the coast) look what had moved into the shop. My wife went up north, checked out the toy, negotiated the price, talked him into adding 10 belts to the deal, bought it and brought it home while I was away. Now that is a wonderful woman!

Mahalo for the lead.

David B Thornton
03-22-2015, 9:40 PM
Congrats, Bill! That is indeed a wonderful woman!

If you need a new reason to hate me, check my latest thread :)
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?229103-It-s-been-a-highly-successful-week-of-purchases

Jim Becker
03-23-2015, 11:55 AM
Very nice score!

jack duren
03-23-2015, 9:26 PM
I bought about 30 of the bessey clamps when sears was selling them for 1/2 price. After a few weeks I found myself using the pipe clamps more and more. Ended up taking all but 4 36" clamps back. Good for dovetail drawers bout it. Glad you found a deal and find a use for them. Enjoy....