PDA

View Full Version : PCL Command 0 Error, Error printing and 11 laptops madness, GCC Mercury III

Alex Boon
03-10-2015, 3:24 PM
Hi everyone!
First of all thank you very, very much for help I have got from this forum before, you saved my life many times now ;) It's my first post, but I'm regular reader. Should contribute to Sawmillcreek with some donation :D

Long story short is after two purchases of chinese lasers I finally bought Laserpro Mercury III with Synard tube hoping for trouble free operation. How wrong was I...
At first trouble installing drivers, then strange behaviour of laser never working properly when needed most. Guy from GCC paid us a visit and came to conclusion that there must be something wrong with my laptop. Have 4 of them, so after I got new drivers switched laptop and thing were going well... for one week. Same problems happened. Error printing. When somehow file went though, PCL Command 0 Error where engraving just stop half way through and pressing any button cancelling job.
Guys at GCC told me to reload firmware to machine. Easier said than done. Got "time out" message in upgrader every time. Again been told that this must be my laptop (the second one). So called several friend to bring over theirs laptops. Collected 11 of them. After 10th one, not being able to load firmware I didn't have any hopes and miracle happened. 11th laptop worked. Firmware upgraded, all good. Next day same problem... For about one week I have been reloading firmware every time problem appeared (about 5 times a day). Last couple of days firmware upload don't solve the issue and at the moment no file going trough at all. "Error printing to Mercury III", "there are issues with your printer, check your machine".

I'm at my wits end, technicians wasn't very helpful, and keep blaming laptops for this problem (10 of them), which I don't buy. There must be something else...

Any ideas? Please help have my hair!
:rolleyes:

Chris Corwin
03-10-2015, 6:27 PM
Does the laser use a USB port or parallel?

Alex Boon
03-10-2015, 6:32 PM
Hi Chris,
Laser is connected via USB. Cable has been changed for 100% working one.

Bill George
03-10-2015, 6:42 PM
Hi Chris,
Laser is connected via USB. Cable has been changed for 100% working one.

A lot of Laptops don't have full specified voltage available on the USB port its enough to do most functions but if a machine needs the full 5 volts, your out of luck. Solution, get a powered USB Hub. Cable from laptop to it and then a full spec'd cable to the machine. A simple share or splitter hub won't work, has to have its own power supply.
Of course the question remains, why didn't the "Tech" load the firmware from his machine??

Firmware is good until it needs update, or the battery goes bad.

Chris Corwin
03-10-2015, 6:54 PM
Check to see that the usb connector on the engraver is not damaged where it is soldered.

Sounds like the engravers main board needs to be replaced. But I'm no expert.