PDA

View Full Version : Manual info

Richard Carner
03-10-2015, 11:08 AM
There has been much discussion regarding what seems to be the inverse relationship between the quality of a tool or machine and the instruction manual that comes with it. For example in a recent thread regarding the new Laugna 14/12 bandsaw, James Nugnes remarked that: "I would be fine with the field adjustments if Laguna just did a better job of preparing you for them. There is a tutorial on the assembly of the 14 twelve at their web site but trust me, it is about as useless as the manual." So let me give a hearty applause to the folks from MicroJIG. Not only is there manual outstanding (I'm referencing the GRR-RIPPER 200) but their CD video included in the box is as well. The assembly drawings are perfect. All parts - and there are a lot of them are color coded and/or numbered in the glossary. Plus it is a beautifully designed tool. Don't know how I lived without it all of these years.

Erik Loza
03-10-2015, 12:17 PM
Nobody should complain until they have been presented with a Centauro bandsaw manual.

Erik

Rod Sheridan
03-10-2015, 1:19 PM
Nobody should complain until they have been presented with a Centauro bandsaw manual.

Erik

LOL..........Voice of experience Erik?

regards, Rod.

Erik Loza
03-10-2015, 1:40 PM
LOL..........Voice of experience Erik?

regards, Rod.

Great machines, terrible documentation.

Erik

Ken Fitzgerald
03-10-2015, 5:19 PM

Erik

There is documentation?:confused::eek::D

Tom Hyde
03-15-2015, 3:43 PM

Erik

LOL, just presented and have to agree. Seen worse, though.

Myk Rian
03-15-2015, 5:12 PM
I find it amazing that Harbor Freight has better manuals than most major companies.