PDA

View Full Version : making a larger Festool MFT table

timothy mckee
08-01-2005, 4:00 PM
I want to buy the Festool 1080 MFT table and make it larger using the 79" extension rails. Has anyone done it, and if so, will the table be supported adequately by just the two sets of legs or is it necessary to use another set in the middle to keep the rails from deflecting? Also it looks like you would have to cut down the second board for the top to fit correctly. I read the procedure on the Festool website for making a larger table, but I dont need one that big/wide and this one would be less expensive to make.Thanks for any input Creekers.

Jim Becker
08-01-2005, 4:11 PM
There has been discussion a number of times in the Festool group on Yahoo about larger tables. Someone recently completed one, I think. Making the table is easy...drilling all the holes "accurately" is the challenge!!

timothy mckee
08-01-2005, 5:37 PM
I was planning on buying the premade MFT tops that were allready drilled.

Bob Yarbrough
08-01-2005, 7:05 PM
Look at Jerry Work's "Getting the most out of the Festool Multifunction Table" available at Festoolusa.com. It has a +/- 4 foot by 7 foot MFT Table he constructed.

Kurt Voss
08-01-2005, 9:51 PM
Tim check out this (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=21198&highlight=jerry+works) link. I bought the parts to make the same table - just haven't gotten around to putting it together yet. Good luck with yours.

Dave Falkenstein
08-01-2005, 10:03 PM
Bradley Werner recently made a big Festool MFT. There is a thread and photos posted on the Festool Owners Group at Yahoo. Someone mentioned Jerry Work's manual - check that out - he made one too. Also, are you aware that you can now buy a Festool MFT Table Connector to attach two (or more) MFT's together. Here are links to Jerry's manual and the FOG thread:

http://www.festoolusa.com/woodworking.aspx
**moderator removed direct link to another public forum -- violates TOS

Oops - sorry Ken. That was an unintentional violation of the rules on my part. Thanks.

John Stevens
08-02-2005, 9:49 AM
I've done it (twice), and posted a file + pics on design considerations over at the Festool Owners' Group. I'd post a link to the file, but it's my understanding that the policy here does not allow direct links to other forums. If you don't know about the Festool Owners' Group, it's at groups dot yahoo dot com. Like here, you'll find great info and a collegial atmosphere, but over there it's all Festool, all the time.