PDA

View Full Version : New Trotec and New Member

Alex Zausner
03-08-2015, 11:34 AM
First off I would like to say I find this forum a great resource and it seems that everybody here is very helpful! I have been a member for over 3 weeks and found information on about anything I was looking for.

My family is starting a laser engraving business and we just purchased a Trotec Speedy 400 Flexx at the NBM show in Orlando Fl. We are about 5-6 weeks out from delivery. We are new to the industry and I wanted to know if anybody had any suggestions for getting started in the industry? At this point I am trying to get a good working knowledge of CorelDraw as we wait for our new baby to be delivered.

In the past my family had a metal working business, which had the first metal cutting laser(1500w Amada Laser) in the NY metro area in the early 90's. We hope that some of that knowledge from the pervious business will transfer over however we realize there is a lot to learn and would appreciate any help or advice.

Thank you in advance!

-Alex

Jeffrey Dewing
03-08-2015, 7:35 PM
First off, you are going to love that machine! I just got a Speedy 300, 80 watt and it is great... I got my basics for Corel Draw X7 from Linda, A learning web site with tutorials. This site has a thread just for Trotec and some of the things that are helpful to know. The Job comtrol X is very helpful you will soon see. Have fun with it Alex!

Keith Bielat
03-09-2015, 9:08 AM
Like Jeffrey said, check out the Trotec help thread it on here, there is an abundance of great information for setup/operation in there. The Flexx 400 is a beast and I love mine, it has turned into a workhorse for larger products. You will definitely be happy with it. You are on the right track, learn Coreldraw, the Trotec job control is a little different at first, but once you get it down it will seem easy and flexible.