PDA

View Full Version : Stroke sander gloat and question

Silas Smith
03-07-2015, 8:20 PM
i saw this hanging around craigslist for a while and shot the guy a lowball offer of $200. The guy just wanted to get rid of it and accepted so now I'm the prou d owner of this 5' stroke sander. I know that they get a lot bigger than this, but for my garage, this works just great. It also allowed me to sell my Delta 16x32 sander before some of the plastic gears broke and I was stuck with a boat anchor. My question is where can I get belts for this? It came with a bunch, but after years of storage, they all broke at the seam shortly after using them.

Bruce Wrenn
03-07-2015, 9:10 PM
Klingspor can make you anything you want. As for breaking, there was a tip once about using bias tape and epoxy to repair splices. If you have enough slack in belt, you could grind off coating on each end enough to get an overlap and glue using yellow glue. Most of the old time shops did it this way, buying paper by the roll, and making their own. They usually had a cutting pattern for the paper hanging on the wall

Kevin Jenness
03-07-2015, 10:41 PM
Industrial Abrasives.

Ira Matheny
03-08-2015, 10:43 PM
For ANY sanding medium or specialty belts, go to Supergrit in Pennsylvania for the best prices and service. (800) 822-4003.