PDA

View Full Version : Jet 6" jointer

Phil Barter
03-07-2015, 1:15 PM
I recently purchased a jet 6” jointer off Craig’s list. I have a couple issues with it. First when I try to raise or lower the infeed table the hand wheel seems to be stuck. The safety pin in the rear is engaged and I’m not able to release it. Anyone have a similar issue? Second when I try to edge joint a board after face jointing it is not. 90 degrees. When the fence is square to the infeed table it is slightly off on the out feed table. Is this a coplaner issue? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Mike williams54
03-07-2015, 1:27 PM
On mine the entire pin can be unscrewed, it sounds like it's gummed up, or the table is just tightened up against it and pinching it. As for the one table being 90 and the other not, that's either a warped/bent, fence, or more likely the tables aren't co planer. There is ways to shim it if it's just sagging, but first I'd make sure all the gib screws and locks are adjusted properly. Get a manual online, they're out there free for download and will explain how to adjust everything.

lowell holmes
03-07-2015, 3:25 PM
If the knives are not square, the face of the wood will not be square.

Check the following link.

http://www.finewoodworking.com/tool-guide/article/jointer-tune-up.aspx#track=true&email

Andrew Hughes
03-07-2015, 6:26 PM
I would like to suggest squaring your fence to the out feed table just past the cutterhead,Apply hand pressure there when edge jointing.
Thats how I set up my jointer and I get good results.Hope it helps you.Aj