PDA

View Full Version : Mini Tool Gloat

Jim Fancher
08-01-2005, 10:28 AM
Ok, so this isn't much of one, but at least I got some new tools. :D

After much research, I decided to pull the trigger on a CMS. I got the Dewalt DW703 at HD for $198.

I wanted to put it on my HD card and get 0% for 6 months so I had to get a couple of other things to flesh it out to $299.

I had my eye on the PC 7310 laminate trimmer, but I knew they were out. They aren't getting anymore. The floor model was marked $79, down from $99. That's great, but no stock to back it up. Earlier that day I read everything I could on the Ridgid VS laminate trimmer ($99). I asked the HD guy if he could match the price of the PC. He did. I got it for $80

Still short of $299, I had to keep shopping. I picked up a two pack of Diablo blades for $40. It was a two for one deal. Not shabby at all. I also grabbed a dremel attachment that included a spiral cutter. It looks fairly good for goofing around with drywall. I can retire the old steak knife. http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowsmile.gif

I also had a 10% coupon on top of all of that. So for about $305 +tax I got the DW703, two Diablo 60T blades, the Ridgid laminate trimmer, the Dremel attachment and a cold chisel.

Jim's a happy boy.

Now it's time to run some base.

Vaughn McMillan
08-01-2005, 2:47 PM
He shoots...he scores! And with haggled bargain prices to boot. Extra points.

Have fun with your new toys -

- Vaughn

Jim Fancher
08-01-2005, 4:31 PM
I've started whipping up a new base for the trim router. We'll see how that goes.