PDA

View Full Version : Many Many Thanks to all!!!

David Somers
03-05-2015, 3:49 PM
Hey everyone!

Just wanted to say thank you to all the folks here who have so kindly answered an insane number of questions from me as I got ready to purchase a laser. It is no more than you do for each person on the forum in this position, but I have deeply appreciated all the patience and thoughts and answers! I only hope I can pay it forward to others through my own beginning laser experiences.

I had ordered a 900x600 80 watt EFR tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech in China. They have been great to work with. Not without many questions and back and forth conversations as we sorted out language barriers and my newbyness. But they have been excellent to work with. I also ordered a 600x900 1.5kw spindle CNC from them in an effort to totally overwhelm myself with learning curves. This was also nicely built.

They arrived a few weeks ago after sitting in containers on a vessel in Puget Sound during a very long work slowdown between dock workers and the dock company. But they finally arrived. I have been setting things up since then, interspersed with a ton of honey do's and house projects. I retired in January so the honey-do list was extensive. I hope to actually get started playing with the machines soon though. Cross your fingers.

I have been keeping notes on my experiences with Liaocheng Ray Fine if anyone is interested. Nothing written up formally yet, but I am happy to help if you want to PM me about my experiences.

Anyway.....I wanted to say thank you to everyone again. I would not have had the wherewithal to do this without all your help and without the benefit of all the past posts here on Sawmillcreek! I truly appreciate everyone's support!! Thank you all!

Dave

Mike Chance in Iowa
03-05-2015, 5:02 PM
Congratulations on your retirement and your new purchases! Looking forward to seeing pictures of your new projects. No doubt you will have the hang of them in no time.

John Bion
03-05-2015, 5:24 PM
Dave,
I have been grateful for your input too! Thanks for the numerous times you have put research time and your wood knowledge into threads (not to mention a sense of humour -spelt “humour” ;)).
I am thrilled that you have your machines at last and look forward to seeing the long planned results:)

Kind Regards, John

Don Corbeil
03-05-2015, 5:45 PM
Dave,
Congrats on your retirement and getting up and running.
I also want to thank you for your help and input as I was getting set up last year.
Enjoy!

Paul Phillips
03-05-2015, 6:19 PM
Dave, Congratulations on finally joining the club, I can't think of anyone better prepared to hit the ground running! Your presence on this forum has been appreciated as well. Hoping you have lot's of fun enjoying your retirement and your toys, I'm 53 and thinking about when that day comes, sounds like a good plan to me!
Paul

Bill George
03-05-2015, 7:24 PM
I can remember when I retired in Dec of 2007, I thought I am going to be bored. Not so. Lots of hobbies and my very first shop project was building a backhoe, a 3 point hitch model using plans from Cad Digger. Needed some digging done down at our lake place and I hate to borrow or rent.

Fast forward a few years and now I have one laser and another on order. Dave may your years be spent keeping active and more important keeping your mind always learning something new!

Bert Kemp
03-05-2015, 10:51 PM
Well Dave we've kept in touch and all I got to say is Get them dang machines going boy. Its long past due, tell honey Davy boy wants to play with his new toys. I want to see something engraved soon and something routed. Now get busy:Dand quit watchin those Nauga's:p

David Somers
03-06-2015, 2:39 AM
Thanks everybody!! And Bert! I am all done with the Spring Nauga count! (done at the same time as the Audoban Bird Counts for convenience sake) The populations are holding strong!! <grin>

Dave