PDA

View Full Version : Best place to get EFR glass tube?

John Noell
03-05-2015, 12:17 PM
I think I will get an EFR tube as I have had bad luck with RECI. Any suggestions where best to source them?

My first RECI tube (a Z2) lasted only a few months with careful use (never more than 90% and that rarely) and was replaced by them, under warranty, with a new S series tube. With less than 10 hours use, the mirror end developed a hairline crack. RECI is (slowly) "considering" the case. I'd like to get back into production, so rather than wait any longer I want to order a tube now. From the pictures on-line, the EFR tubes use water cooling on the mirror end as well as the body, unlike the RECI tubes. Makes me wonder if it is to avoid the kind of problem I just had with the RECI.

David Somers
03-05-2015, 1:07 PM
Hey John!

Sorry to hear yours cracked!!! Ugh. For what it is worth, I got mine through The laser manufacturer when my machine was built. Will Shenhui do the same for you? Being you are in Fiji it may not be too bad getting it from them. Otherwise the folks who made my laser was Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech inc. I can PM you the sales gal's name if you want.

Dave

Dave Sheldrake
03-05-2015, 2:04 PM
andyzhuATbjefrlaser.com.cn

Andy is the man to speak to if you want a tube direct from EFR swap AT for @

John Noell
03-05-2015, 2:59 PM
Thank you!

Greg Holt
03-05-2015, 9:39 PM
John

You have already been given a contact, however I will add,

I just received a ZN-1250 (Reci 80w equivalent) and matching EFR power supply direct from EFR.

The person I have dealt with and found very helpful and good English, was Frank

weiyao@bjefrlaser.com.cn

Tube was very well packaged and survived the trip to Australia via DHL.

Keith Colson
03-05-2015, 10:05 PM
Those two suppliers are going to get spammed for life now. I learn t the hard way never to put my email on a public forum.

Dave Sheldrake
03-06-2015, 3:27 AM
They won't mind :) I have my email, address and phone number plastered all over the place and spam isn't too much of an issue :)

It will make a nice change too, spam going TO China rather than from ;)

Greg Holt
03-06-2015, 3:38 AM
These people are in sales. I think they will be quite happy to know there contact details are being posted on a forum about lasers.

Scott Shepherd
03-06-2015, 8:53 AM
I think his point was that there are bots that scan sites like this and pickup email addresses, then add them to spam databases. It's not that he's talking about them getting qualified sales lead contacts, it's about now they'll get flooded with genuine spam from spammers.

Greg Holt
03-06-2015, 11:24 PM
........... it's about now they'll get flooded with genuine spam from spammers.

Don't we all. If you have used the same email address for any length of time you will be on those data bases. Just a fact of life on the internet.

I stand by what I said. "I think they will be quite happy to know there contact details are being posted on a forum about lasers."