PDA

View Full Version : Ready for Spring

William A Johnston
03-05-2015, 8:42 AM
Don't like to wish my time away but old man winter hit us again in Arkansas. First an inch or so of ice then a few inches of snow on top. Its pretty but shuts us totally down. Lots of hills in Central Arkansas. Thankfully still have power. I guess its a great day to clean up the shop.

Matt Marsh
03-05-2015, 8:53 AM
It's -17° F here this morning, but the forecast is for rising temperatures into the 30-40s by the weekend! Days are getting longer!

Lee Schierer
03-05-2015, 9:09 AM
We had our first thaw since mid December on Tuesday. It actually go up to 40. It is back down to 5 today. We still have several feet of snow on the ground.

Dennis Peacock
03-05-2015, 9:29 AM
Agree, I'm ready for spring as well....or at least no more ice and snow and bring me some sunshine.

Keith Outten
03-05-2015, 11:14 AM
Here in Eastern Virginia we had temperatures yesterday of almost 70 degrees. All of the snow that was on the ground is gone.
Today we are expecting another Winter storm, probably the same one that has already gone through Arkansas, the temperature has dropped and ice and snow are supposed to arrive after lunch so here we go again. The good news is that our weather forecast over the next week shows increasing temperatures and hopefully the arrival of Spring.

I am so tired of Winter at this point and looking forward to Spring and starting a garden this year. FWIW over the last twenty years or so the third week of March has always been the first time cutting grass in the Spring season. I hope this hold true this year, although I'm not looking forward to my grass cutting duties I really will appreciate the warmer weather that comes with them.

Chris Parks
03-05-2015, 5:08 PM
First touch of cold weather leading up to Autumn this morning, I had to put a jacket on. It must be about 15C, Brrr.

Kent A Bathurst
03-05-2015, 5:31 PM
It's spring already - - -

Play Ball !!!!

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/baseball/images/5/5f/DetroitTigersD.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20060827145235