PDA

View Full Version : font help

Graham Taylor
03-05-2015, 6:17 AM
Anyone know what this font is called?

Graham Taylor
03-05-2015, 12:03 PM
I am trying to convert this text so that it can be cut into a stencil so the guy can then use it to paint thjroiugh for a T-shirt logo.

I am getting really frustrated because I dont seem to be able to get it right - I have set the lines to 'hairline' so I can cut it out but I am having trouble making the letters wider so that the space inside the letters is big enough so that there is enough to be able to cut it out as a stencil.

Hopefully what I want to do makes sennse and someone will be able to help

Real Mercier
03-05-2015, 12:28 PM
If I understand correctly, I would suggest adding an outside contour to make the letters wider.

Real Mercier

John Noell
03-05-2015, 12:29 PM
If I understand what you want (see attached file), I think the contour tool will do it. You may want a different offset than I used.308427

Chad Fitzgerald
03-05-2015, 12:37 PM
Something like this i would simply draw with the pen tool. Bring the bitmap in, lock it. I would then pull and guideline down to the top and bottom, check snap to guideline. This will make sure the height of the letters are same height. use the pen tool and trace the outside edge. select the segments where the arcs are, click curve, drag it to match. just remember you will need tabs to hold in the center of the R and E. when done you can resize it to what you need.
hope this helps.
chad

Graham Taylor
03-05-2015, 12:54 PM
Gents - thanks fpr the quick replies. I will have a look at this later when I get home.