PDA

View Full Version : Trotec JobControl error message

Graham Taylor
03-03-2015, 12:21 PM
Note to self - allways Google before posting and bothering others with problems I should try and sort out myself

I am getting the following error message in JobControl X when tring to cut this test image 'Can not position any more jobs on this plate' when I try to cut this out

There are no other jobs on the plate and I can put other jobs on there no probs - any ideas why?

It was the plate setup size

Mark Sipes
03-03-2015, 12:43 PM
Yep you set the job plate file size larger than the table size. Happens when I just put in a 3 instead of a 3.0 defaults to 139.31 inches.....

Scott Shepherd
03-03-2015, 12:43 PM
I don't have X7 so I can't open the file, but that error occurs when the job or page size is larger than the machine dimensions.There are several ways to make it happen so it's hard to know exactly which one it is without seeing the file and knowing how you sent it over. Did you send it over using "Take from application" or "Minimize to job", or with those turned off, etc. We'd know what size you told it the job was in the driver too.

Save it down to X5 and post it and I'll take a look if you want.

Graham Taylor
03-04-2015, 6:59 AM
Scott,

Can you open this with X5?

When I copy it over to the JobControl bed it shows up ok but I cant drag it to cross hairs for the spot position I want to start cutting.

I am obviously doing something wrong with this file as others work ok

Steve Morris
03-04-2015, 7:30 AM
I have opened it in X6 :) it shows 3 parts (tif, bmp and jpg) are you trying to run the whole plate which is laser bed size or just one of the parts in red?
If it is the whole plate then it will only position on the bed at 0,0.
Have you set the printing to minimise to job size (it will send the whole plate if you don't) ?

Graham Taylor
03-04-2015, 7:37 AM
I only wanted to open the one above .jpg whcih is the selection I highlighted and then selected print selection and sent it over.

Aha, I have selected minimise to job size and it appears to work - thanks for the quick reponse