PDA

View Full Version : DIY Woodturners Centering Jig

Bill Esposito
06-01-2003, 11:57 AM
Hi all,

I'm sure all you veteran turners have your own jigs so this is for the newbie....like me.

I made a simple centering jig out of some scrap wood and an old hacksaw blade. It works very well and will take you all of 15 minutes to make.
----------------------------------
Admin Edit
The link that was provided above has been removed. I received an email from Rob Lee (Lee Valley Tools Ltd) with the following instructions;

Sorry - but you'll have to remove this thread.... The "tip" shown is
essentially the Vertitas Centre Marker, and while someone is free to make a
copy of a patented item for their own use, encouraging others to do so is
"incitement to infringe"...

We can't be selective about enforcement of patents - failure to act on any known infringing activity could invalidate our patent claims....

End of Admin Edit
------------------------------------

Tony Laros
06-01-2003, 12:33 PM
I'm probably as much of a turning rookie as you are, so I've been following your exploits with interest. (fingernail grinding, etc.) I've had problems centering blanks as well and your simple jig looks like the answer.

Bobby Hatfield
06-01-2003, 4:32 PM
Neat jig Bill, I am a little new to turning wood, on a wood lathe that is, having turned about everything on a lathe since 60's and really enjoyed turning spinning form patterns out of hard maple in the 80's where I worked as a die maker (unofficial title "he who does whatever we need") Now put that jig to work on some table legs.

Ron McNeil
06-02-2003, 8:53 AM
Bill,

Nice centering jig. It looks like it will work well. As usual, I would like to thank you for sharing your ideas and explaining how to do it. I've learnt some valuable information from your posts and others at Saw Mill Creek. Thanks to all.:p