PDA

View Full Version : Shop Floor Mat

Rich Riddle
03-02-2015, 2:23 AM
A friend who works in hospitals indicated contractors utilize a floor mat that removes most if not all dust from the contractors' shoes when they enter the hospital. She said it was similar to a sticky mouse trap. Do any of you have a clue as to what type it is? Any other suggestions?

Mike Cozad
03-02-2015, 2:54 AM
Lots of options out there. We use them in the food industry, I was first introduced to them when I worked in an Intel plant. Here is a link to one brand/type. http://www.amazon.com/Clean-Room-Sticky-Mats-Sheets/dp/B002IY0650
Google sticky mats and you will find many and one will surely fit your needs. There are some labeled for construction that are probably designed for sawdust. (just a guess on my part)

Brian W Smith
03-02-2015, 5:21 AM
I've seen the disposable,cheapo,construction type at the SW paint store.

Matt Day
03-02-2015, 6:55 AM
When I was a project manager for a general contractor in healthcare construction, I can't tell you how many hundreds and hundreds of walkoff mats we used. It is standard hospital protocol to use a walkoff mat at every door of the job site, or basically anywhere the workers will be in any occupied areas of the hospital.
Any construction supplier such as Granger, Fastenal, white cap, etc Will have them.

Matt Day
03-02-2015, 9:06 AM
Note that these aren't by any means shop floor mats. The good ones are so sticky that you need to duct tape them to the ground so you don't take it with you as you walk over it, I've seen guys trip because they are so sticky, and they've pulled off boots from the guys that don't tie them.

These are meant to take the dust off your shoes so you don't track it all over.

Steve Rozmiarek
03-02-2015, 9:20 AM
I saw some in the Uline catalog last night too.

Rich Riddle
03-02-2015, 8:31 PM
I saw some in the Uline catalog last night too.

Can't order from them or they will start sending that darn catalog again.......they sure are tenacious.

Steve Rozmiarek
03-02-2015, 9:25 PM
Can't order from them or they will start sending that darn catalog again.......they sure are tenacious.

Yes they are! I don't even remember what I ordered to get on the mailing list.