PDA

View Full Version : pics with his Normness

Rob Littleton
07-31-2005, 9:53 PM
I have removed his wings and halo for clarity :-)

I have entitle the first pic, "One happy family"......hehehehe

Jim Becker
07-31-2005, 10:13 PM
Looks like you had him all to yourself, Rob!!

Rob Littleton
07-31-2005, 10:27 PM
nu uh, there was a LONG line.......but he picked me out of all of them.....haha

Nuh, there was quite a long line and we were told to keep our conversations to a minimum. When I showed him my business cards "The New Limey Workshop", he kinda smiled...nice guy though.

Next, Muhammad or you.....hehehe

Corey Hallagan
07-31-2005, 11:11 PM
Pretty cool Rob! Norm looks like he is asleep!

Corey

Ed Bamba
08-01-2005, 12:35 AM
Hi, I'm new to the Creek, but have been lurking for a few months. I too was at AWFS this past week and got His Normnesses autograph. Never would I have thought that I would be behind one of you Creekers. Yes Rob, I was the lonely guy behind you and your partner (which I will go out on a limb and say she was the LOL). Did you get to meet Scott Phillips too? He seemed like a super nice fellow too.

I only spent one day at the fair; walked the entire two levels. My legs never felt so tired.

I wonder who won the Unisaw and work bench give-a-way by Woodworkers Supply?

BTW, most of the Reps that I spoke with were pretty accomadating and quite personable. I was a little put off by the Delta and Powermatic Reps though; I guess they've got enough of a customer base that they can choose who to entertain. Maybe it was just the "I'm just a hobbiest" sign plastered on my forehead or this :confused: look on my face:D . I was quite a bit overwhelmed as this was my first trade fair.

Hope this didn't sound arogant--don't want to be blocked after my first post.

Take care,
Ed "The woodworking hobbiest for now" Bamba

Chris Padilla
08-01-2005, 1:02 AM
Sweet, Rob! You are in rarefied air now! hehehe....

Kelly C. Hanna
08-01-2005, 7:52 AM
Welcome Ed! Worry not, we have all worn that sign at one time or another!!

scott spencer
08-01-2005, 4:53 PM
Now that's worth a nice big custom frame! Honestly, more than any other wwing icon, a pic with Norm is the cat's meow IMO!

Rob Littleton
08-01-2005, 8:02 PM
Well darn Ed, I had my creeker hat on and all.......you should have tapped me on the shoulder and told me.....oh well, next time.....I was trying to convert the guy in front of me to becoe a creeker too. Not sure he will but I gave him details.......

Yes, that was the LOML with me (also known as the handbrake) and she was there to do the budget.......without her, I would probably be out of the house by now spending everything and more at the show.

Welcome to the creek bud.

Hi, I'm new to the Creek, but have been lurking for a few months. I too was at AWFS this past week and got His Normnesses autograph. Never would I have thought that I would be behind one of you Creekers. Yes Rob, I was the lonely guy behind you and your partner (which I will go out on a limb and say she was the LOL). Did you get to meet Scott Phillips too? He seemed like a super nice fellow too.

I only spent one day at the fair; walked the entire two levels. My legs never felt so tired.

I wonder who won the Unisaw and work bench give-a-way by Woodworkers Supply?

BTW, most of the Reps that I spoke with were pretty accomadating and quite personable. I was a little put off by the Delta and Powermatic Reps though; I guess they've got enough of a customer base that they can choose who to entertain. Maybe it was just the "I'm just a hobbiest" sign plastered on my forehead or this :confused: look on my face:D . I was quite a bit overwhelmed as this was my first trade fair.

Hope this didn't sound arogant--don't want to be blocked after my first post.

Take care,
Ed "The woodworking hobbiest for now" Bamba

Ed Bamba
08-02-2005, 2:09 AM
Thanks for the "welcome" guys. I heard from the WoodNet group that you folks over here are a great bunch. I've been lurking and absorbing all the great info.

Rod, I didn't see the front of your hat since I was too busy checking out your Trend Air Shield. And when you turned to look at the camera, I was too nervous getting ready to meet the Normster. I had a chuckle when your wife told you "No-she doesn't have a sister", after the lady mentioned buying her husband a band saw.

BTW, what kind of employment can one find in Prescott? I lived in Phoenix for four years before retiring from the Air Force. Always wanted to checkout Prescott (pronounced Press-cut by the locals right?).

Thanks again for the warm welcome,
Ed "Still the hobbiest" Bamba

Jason Tuinstra
08-02-2005, 11:00 AM
Rob, great shot! That's one for the wall, for sure!

Rob Littleton
08-02-2005, 3:58 PM
I had a chuckle when your wife told you "No-she doesn't have a sister", after the lady mentioned buying her husband a band saw.

BTW, what kind of employment can one find in Prescott? I lived in Phoenix for four years before retiring from the Air Force. Always wanted to checkout Prescott (pronounced Press-cut by the locals right?).

Yeah, my wife was on form in the line....even I found that funny ;-0

Employment..........if you are into construction, you are made........

I came from being an engineer at the greatest netowrk company in the world (see if Becker takes that carrot:-) to delivering kitchen cabinets for a local company. Of course, the dollars dropped BIG time but so did the stress....

Hey, If you are ever up this way, please let me know and we can hook up.

regards