PDA

View Full Version : looking for giant plastic bag for a toy chest

Bill Bukovec
02-27-2015, 8:11 PM
I need a plastic bag big enough to fit a toy chest 19 " tall, 22" deep and 40" long. My truck bed isn't covered so I don't want the chest to get wet if it's raining or the roads are slushy.

I live west of Minneapolis so a local source would be nice.

Thanks,
Bill

Jamie Buxton
02-27-2015, 8:36 PM
Wrap it in a tarp. Or better, wrap it in a shipping blanket, then wrap that with a tarp. Both are readily available at your local Borg, and useful for other purposes afterward.

Bonnie Campbell
02-27-2015, 9:19 PM
I would think a construction grade garbage bag would be big enough. They seem huge.

Ed Aumiller
02-27-2015, 9:28 PM
Go to almost any place that sell mattresses and they can probably give you one (or more)... Most new mattresses come in a big plastic bag...

Jim Koepke
02-27-2015, 9:30 PM
You might try checking with a local friendly furniture store. Bed mattresses, sofas and other items often come packed in plastic bags.

Wow, same time as Ed posting. He must type faster.

jtk

Bert Kemp
02-27-2015, 11:12 PM
Target has some very big recloseable bags you might find one there

Lee Schierer
02-28-2015, 7:17 PM
Go to your local mattress retailer. Mattresses come in large plastic bags and usually when they deliver your mattress the delivery guys take the bags with them.

bill kaminski
02-28-2015, 8:14 PM
Insulation also comes in large bags

Brian Henderson
03-01-2015, 3:22 AM
Go to almost any place that sell mattresses and they can probably give you one (or more)... Most new mattresses come in a big plastic bag...

That would be my suggestion as well, I know those giant mattress bags come in a big roll, they'd probably give you one for free. Mattress sellers keep them on hand for when they need to deliver a mattress to a customer. Just find a place that sells mattresses and you ought to be able to get one for little or nothing. Also check with resellers, they might be even more apt to keep them around.

Mac McQuinn
03-01-2015, 3:29 PM
Menards carries a extra large, thick, contractor style refuse bag. I've found them to be very durable, resistant to puncture and typically larger than even the HD bag types.
Mac

ryan paulsen
03-01-2015, 4:27 PM
Moving stores also carry the mattress bags. You can also get shrink wrap at the local home center. I do prefer the moving blanket approach with a tarp and some duct tape though.