PDA

View Full Version : Extreme cold takes out the wall of my shop!

Larry Edgerton
02-27-2015, 3:11 PM
I was down in the basement this morning loading the stove when my wife came in the house and I could hear her crying. She came down in the basement saying I'm sorry over and over.

I got her calmed down and it came out that she had ran into my shop wall with the car. The clutch pedal had stuck to the frozen floor mat and she bent down to pick it up when it popped up. Unfortunately it was in gear, took out the corner of the building between the garage door and the entry door.

I told her it was OK and got her to laugh at herself, sent her on her way to work.

But here is the funny thing. She is an office manager at a body shop and when she came home yesterday she was talking about a lady that came in after running into her garage, and was saying "How can you run into your garage?"

Karma is a cruel mistress..... And quick!

Larry

PS: That was this morning, I got it back together good enough till spring......

glenn bradley
02-27-2015, 4:09 PM
Ya gotta laugh at those situations. I don't think any of us get through life without our share of "that did NOT just happen" moments ;-).

Chris Padilla
02-27-2015, 4:14 PM
Uh.....no pics?! ;) :)

scott spencer
02-27-2015, 4:30 PM
Sorry Larry, but I couldn't help but laugh at the irony and the situation. Hope there's not too much damage. Got any pics?

Kent A Bathurst
02-27-2015, 4:37 PM
God does have a sharp sense of humor, doesn't he?

Steve Schlumpf
02-27-2015, 4:40 PM
Stuff happens! Glad she is OK!

John Sanford
02-27-2015, 7:27 PM
But here is the funny thing. She is an office manager at a body shop and when she came home yesterday she was talking about a lady that came in after running into her garage, and was saying "How can you run into your garage?"

Karma is a cruel mistress..... And quick!

Larry

PS: That was this morning, I got it back together good enough till spring......

Well, the good news is you shouldn't have any trouble finding a good, inexpensive patchup for the car.

Butch Spears
02-27-2015, 7:54 PM
You can replace, Cars, Walls, Tools and nearly anything else. EXCEPT Wives, Kids and anything else that is alive and precious to you. Hug her and be Thankful.

Dave Ray
02-27-2015, 8:41 PM
Butch, you got the right idea.... Thanks

Bill Orbine
02-27-2015, 9:43 PM
Are you sure those finger eating magnets didn't pull that car towards your shop? :D Glad all is safe and well with your family.

Dave Zellers
02-27-2015, 9:52 PM
What a winter. We'll all come out of it with more character, right? :D

You should already be working on your embellishments to this story.

Heaven knows, it won't be hard.

This is definitely an 'up hill both ways winter'. :)

Lori Kleinberg
02-27-2015, 9:54 PM
Glad your wife wasn't hurt and the damage wasn't any worse.

mike mcilroy
02-27-2015, 10:42 PM
Glad you tried and were able to get her to laugh. Too many guys would have tried to put her under thumb for it.

Dave Zellers
02-27-2015, 11:04 PM
Glad you tried and were able to get her to laugh. Too many guys would have tried to put her under thumb for it.
Of course the real skill is doing both at the same time; nothing wrong with gaining a little friendly advantage...:D

Larry Edgerton
02-28-2015, 7:43 AM
Are you sure those finger eating magnets didn't pull that car towards your shop? :D Glad all is safe and well with your family.

You know, you could be right! I'll let my wife know it was not her fault at all. It was the magnets! :eek:

Larry Edgerton
02-28-2015, 7:54 AM
Between the well switch freezing and flooding my basement, the magnets, and the garage its been a heck of a month. My sense of humor is still intact though! :p Just barely.

I had done a table with West 207 in the shop the night before and as the heater would not keep up it was not curing well, then with the wall knocked out yesterday it got cloudy. It was like -18 yesterday. Didn't think about the epoxy in my mad frozen dash to get the shop back together. Haven't checked it this morning to see if I am going to have to strip it and start over. Don't want to. Couldn't find anything about sub zero temps in the West manual, guess they figure that will not happen.

You gentlemen have a great day!

Larry