PDA

View Full Version : Weather Tech Floor Mats.

Larry Frank
02-27-2015, 7:42 AM
I would love to hear from anyone with Actual experience with the WeatherTech car floor liners.

I am getting a new car and want to keep the snow off the floor.

Rich Riddle
02-27-2015, 8:02 AM
I have them in my 2011 F150 and the fit like a glove. They excel at keeping the floor from crud. They look a little rubbery, so if that bothers you, you will need to Armor All them.

Justin Ludwig
02-27-2015, 8:11 AM
2013 F250. I bought the front and back mats. LOVE THEM! Fit perfect and contain the debris.

Robert Payne
02-27-2015, 8:22 AM
I installed a front and rear floor set within a few weeks of the purchase of my Camry Hybrid in April 2013. They have kept the floor and existing carpets clean and dry and are easy to remove and clean with a hose when they get snow, dirt or mud on them. They fit like a glove and I'd recommend them even at their cost (I am just a pleased customer).

Mike Cozad
02-27-2015, 8:22 AM
I am on my 3rd set. Had the same set in my last 2 cars, and then bought them for my new ride as well as my wife's new hooptie. The snow and ice melter can absolutely ruin the carpet when the wife and kids don't care enough to knock their shoes off before entering. I love how they are made as a pan to hold a good amount of water. I will always buy them when I buy a new car.

I do take them out for summer and put the plush originals in for style. But every winter I slide in the WeatherTechs.

I know the price is kinda steep, but it sure helps keep a nice looking ride. When I sold both of the previous cars the new owners couldn't believe how new the interior looked. By contrast my wife had a "better" idea and went with the OEM winter mat which was just a rubber version of the originals. When we traded that thing in the carpet underneath was a mess from the snow and salt and looked way older than 20k miles... She learned my OCD is not all bad.....

George Bokros
02-27-2015, 8:37 AM
I have them in both vehicles and they are awesome. Bought them for my son's Ranger and daughter-in-laws SHO. They love them as well.

Tom M King
02-27-2015, 8:48 AM
Have had them in my Chevy 3500 for 14 years. Perfect fit, and still good.

Matt Day
02-27-2015, 8:49 AM
My brother had them in his Audi RS6, and didn't like how the ribs caught his heel while moving between pedals (manual transmission). He said they're excellent at keeping water/snow/mud contained.

Brian Elfert
02-27-2015, 9:08 AM
I have them and they are great. At least in a Grand Caravan they don't keep all the salt and dirt out. Some of the salt and dirt ends up behind the floor mat along the seat. This is mostly due to the flat floor design of the Caravan with no foot well.

Do NOT put Armor All on these! Your feet will slide all over and make it hard to operate the pedals. Someone did that once to my Weathertech floor mats during a service appointment and it sucked.

Larry Frank
02-27-2015, 9:59 AM
Wow.....thanks for the comments and recommendations. I am getting a new minivan and it sounds like I will be getting the WeatherTech floor mats.

Ken Fitzgerald
02-27-2015, 10:01 AM
I bought a new Honda Pilot last year. It came with them. As others stated, they work well.

Jim Tobias
02-27-2015, 10:45 AM
+1 They're great!

Jim

Lee Reep
02-27-2015, 11:01 AM
Make sure you buy the more expensive set that you see advertised as having a "laser fit". I bought the cheaper set from them, and they had to be trimmed. They were a generic set, and meant for a number of vehicles. The holes at the back edge did not align with the embedded hooks in the floor of my Honda Pilot, and so they move around. They hold water fine, they just are not the custom fit I was expecting. For what I paid I was pretty underwhelmed with them.

Brad Adams
02-27-2015, 11:09 AM
I have a set of the Husky Liners in my F-150 and Explorer. They are laser fitted also and a little cheaper than the Weather tech mats. I've have them in my work trucks for my plumbing business also. I highly recommend them.

Matt Marsh
02-27-2015, 11:26 AM
I have a set of the Husky Liners in my F-150 and Explorer. They are laser fitted also and a little cheaper than the Weather tech mats. I've have them in my work trucks for my plumbing business also. I highly recommend them.

I had the Weathertechs in my 2005 Sierra Crew Cab, but this time I went with the Husky Weatherbeaters on my 2014. They're both great!

William Payer
02-27-2015, 1:16 PM
Both Weathertech and Husky make good liners. Sometimes one fits better than the other. In my case, the Husky's seems to have sides that extended up a little farther, keeping the melted snow from overshooting the mat and wetting the carpet. Either way, your carpet will stay looking like new.

Mac McQuinn
02-27-2015, 3:30 PM
They do work well, I have them in a Tacoma and Highlander. The one's for my Tacoma's never did fit well although do provide the protection needed. The Highlander's fit perfectly and the interior still looks like new after 118K. That said they're a pain to get completely clean, I've tried different cleaners, soap and water, scrub brushes, etc. After a couple years of year around use they just don't clean up like new.
Mac

Matt Marsh
02-27-2015, 4:27 PM
Both Weathertech and Husky make good liners. Sometimes one fits better than the other. In my case, the Husky's seems to have sides that extended up a little farther, keeping the melted snow from overshooting the mat and wetting the carpet. Either way, your carpet will stay looking like new.

I started saying the same thing about the sides William, but then I was comparing the mats that fit my 2005, to the ones in my 2014, so I have no idea if the new Weathertechs extend further up now. The Huskys in my 2014 definitely extend further up on the sill plate, covering the seem between the carpet and sill plate. That feature would be a make or break for me.

Ken Fitzgerald
02-27-2015, 4:38 PM
Be aware with Weathertech there are floor mats....and then there are floor liners. The floor liners cover a larger area and are more expensive.

Jebediah Eckert
02-27-2015, 4:58 PM
If you don't mind the price tag they are the best I have every used. I have them in two cars, great fit, and hold a bunch of slush and dirt.

Grant Wilkinson
02-28-2015, 10:53 AM
I have the floor liners on my MDX. They are very good, but I still get salt and crap beneath the driver's side one under the accelerator.